Hello

For our new members to introduce themselves
Gregoryp66
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am 52 and married, I am medically retired but I don't have any issues getting around. I like being outside and moving. We have a 11 year old Chihuahua, she stays inside and does nothing, We have adopted a 3 year old Dutch Shepherd (Bella) about 4 months ago. Bella enjoys the inside but outside even better. I want to make her a running course to make her happy since she loves to run and play. I do have a few things she does that I don't like that she does and I hope that I can identify if this is normal or if this is from possible abuse and work with her to correct these things.

Hello

Post by Gregoryp66 »

My name is Gregory Branum, we have adopted a 3 year old DS named Bella. She has had 2 litters in the past before we had adopted her. We got her from a Trible Cop in Oklahoma. I have noticed she has had some training from him. I am hoping to learn more about this breed and the little habits that she has that I want to brake her from. We live in Oklahoma and I plan on taking her to the K9 University this summer.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Hello

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.

I know you're currently struggling with some behavior issues, but I will reply to them over there.

However, we'd love to see pictures of Bella, and I think it might be interesting to know more about Bella's story.

She had two litters, so were they breeding her for potential K9s or merely sale? Do you know how her pups are doing or where they went to?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Gregoryp66
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am 52 and married, I am medically retired but I don't have any issues getting around. I like being outside and moving. We have a 11 year old Chihuahua, she stays inside and does nothing, We have adopted a 3 year old Dutch Shepherd (Bella) about 4 months ago. Bella enjoys the inside but outside even better. I want to make her a running course to make her happy since she loves to run and play. I do have a few things she does that I don't like that she does and I hope that I can identify if this is normal or if this is from possible abuse and work with her to correct these things.

Post by Gregoryp66 »

I am not sure about the litters but I believe she had the litters for a quick sell. I don't have any papers on Bella and the man I got her from is a Breeder for these dogs. We did not get much info from from him about her. I just saw her and fell in love with her and after we got home she claimed me and has been at my side ever since. She is my shadow EVERYWHERE I go.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

That is not a breeder, that is just some guy who thinks he can make some money off of these dogs. A breeder is one who knows his dogs inside and out, has papers, has all of the information on his dogs, can tell you all sorts of information about his dogs.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Gregoryp66
Just Whelped

Post by Gregoryp66 »

Sorry, I forgot to say this much. This is what the man told us. He said he adopted her from somebody. Now if that is true I don't know since I don't know him. But I do agree with you. Because I feel by some of Bella's actions that she had been treated wrong. She hates it when I leave the house. She paces the floor and won't lay still. One of the things i think that is really funny is that she loves to hold hands and paws. She will set there and put her paw in my hand and just sit. I am so ready to get to go out and play in the warm weather with her
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

Must be a thing with Dutch Shepherd’s as mine likes to use her paws a lot as well.
Tim