hello, howdy, hey, hi

For our new members to introduce themselves
brindledog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I love Shepherds- German, Dutch and Belgian. I recently lost my 16.5 y/o GSD mix and was hoping to find a GSD or DS mix. I totally lucked out in finding Grendel, a DS/GSD mix at 9.5 weeks old. She was filthy and flea-ridden, but still the cutest, craziest thing ever. She's going to live up to her name! First dog I've had that I've actually seen the parents and definitely know what she is!

Re: hello, howdy, hey, hi

Post by brindledog »

Hi Jlobes- was just reading this thread and have a question for you. Would you mind sending me a PM? I can't seem to send them.

Thanks!

Lisa G.
Jlobes
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Previously had a DutchXMal and knew at that moment, they were the best dogs ever. Unfortunately, I lost her in an accident as a pup @9mo., but I was sold on the dutchies. I cant imagine having another breed, they are the total package dogs.

Got my boy FURY from Vrijheid. He was born 4/23/16 and i picked him up 6/29. Working on basics(OB, manners, etc), some NW and figuring out what we want to focus on for the future work.

Post by Jlobes »

@brindledog: hey there, i will send PM. thats odd though, I got an email saying you sent a msg, but there is no msg in my inbox. no biggie. ygpm coming.

aaahhh, i see now. you sent me an email. got it!
rockykito
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Had different working dogs in the past that have been great family pets. Looking for a working dog to bring out his potential in personal protection sport or personal protection training.

Post by rockykito »

Hi
If you ended up getting a pup and what breeder and line you decided upon? And how things are going?
rockykito
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Had different working dogs in the past that have been great family pets. Looking for a working dog to bring out his potential in personal protection sport or personal protection training.

Post by rockykito »

The breeder recommendation list looks great and quite comprehensive.
This post is a little older it seems but I am wondering if anyone knows - good or bad - information about AllpurposeK-9 kennels from Florida and their dogs. I am researching my next dog and a dutch shepherd is on the short list.
Thanks in Advance
joej
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a great Dutch that I need to find a home for. What better place than here.

Post by joej »

Bill Ketchum is great. We have some of his dogs 3 to be exact. He is very helpful and full of information. His dogs are great and his training is top notch.
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Jlobes wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:24 pm been a bit since the last update/post. Been doing tons of research and reading. Got some new training books and dvds. always a fun time! Still looking for a pup/litter. Been in contact with a few breeders/kennels, but still looking and learning every day. Founds a couple more possibilities, but still no commitments yet!

anybody have a pup or input on Emerald Wolf? theyll have a litter soon, Havoc X nikki.
still looking at Vandalia as well, possible Timo X soco litter upcoming.

Thanks all for the tips/help/input!
Looks like the have quality working dogs... with havoc being an arko kikkert son I'd be careful... arko was known to throw handler aggression and I have a grandson of his and I'll tell you there is a fine line I do not cross with him or I'm getting bit
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:57 am
Jlobes wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:24 pm been a bit since the last update/post. Been doing tons of research and reading. Got some new training books and dvds. always a fun time! Still looking for a pup/litter. Been in contact with a few breeders/kennels, but still looking and learning every day. Founds a couple more possibilities, but still no commitments yet!

anybody have a pup or input on Emerald Wolf? theyll have a litter soon, Havoc X nikki.
still looking at Vandalia as well, possible Timo X soco litter upcoming.

Thanks all for the tips/help/input!
Looks like the have quality working dogs... with havoc being an arko kikkert son I'd be careful... arko was known to throw handler aggression and I have a grandson of his and I'll tell you there is a fine line I do not cross with him or I'm getting bit
Vandalia looks to have excellent dogs as well... timo is a Rudy pegge son... another hard dog... I hope you realize both those litters come from serious working dogs with a ton of drive! Those puppies will not be for people new to the breed or without a lot of experience with working dogs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

En is a Havoc/Soco pup. She's got good drive for the tracking work we do. Super mellow in the house, but she'll still turn into a whirlwind of teeth if you push her/let her get over her threshold.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor