Tim n bruce

For our new members to introduce themselves
mrblob
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi I'm Tim, I have what I suspect is a Dutch sheppard cross called bruce :)

Tim n bruce

Post by mrblob »

Hi all, I have what I suspect to be a Dutch shepherd called bruce, I've always wondered what breed he was exactly. We got him from a rescue center when he was about 18 months old and he's been an awesome, friendly and most intelligent dog weve have ever had. I'd be interested to know what you guys think as to his breed. Below is a link to a video.

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Tim n bruce

Post by Dutchringgirl »

i would say no, but he looks like a happy boy
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Jlobes
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Previously had a DutchXMal and knew at that moment, they were the best dogs ever. Unfortunately, I lost her in an accident as a pup @9mo., but I was sold on the dutchies. I cant imagine having another breed, they are the total package dogs.

Got my boy FURY from Vrijheid. He was born 4/23/16 and i picked him up 6/29. Working on basics(OB, manners, etc), some NW and figuring out what we want to focus on for the future work.

Post by Jlobes »

happy looking dog. Im no expert, but id say no to DSD.
mrblob
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi I'm Tim, I have what I suspect is a Dutch sheppard cross called bruce :)

Post by mrblob »

Thanks for your opinions, yes he's a very happly boy :) I'm tempted to try one of these genetic tests to find out what breed or more likely breeds are in there. Anyone ever tried those?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

The Dutch Shepherd is not in any of the genetic databases, but you may get some clarity on the dog's breed.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers