DS: what a dog!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Brussel2
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Live on a 36 acre hay farm east of Austin, Tx. Current fur pals are "Uda Boss" about 3 yr old chi mix who "found" us about 2 years ago. Recently deceased "Lord", GS Czech import and newest addition 10 week old "Goose" DS.

DS: what a dog!

Post by Brussel2 »

New to DS breed, although have researched for over 2 years. In short, oh my goodness, what a breed!! Lost my protection trained GS first of January as was at quite a loss.
Knew I was very interested in DS and talked to the folks at Cher Car: what amazing, kind knowledgeable professionals! Went in to a holding pattern when the importer of the GS agreed that we had likely been dealing with a genetic issue, and he would offer very reasonable accommodation on replacement. In the meantime, I was surprised with a 10 week old Wilbo, Van Leewen lines male Dutch!!!!
Most intelligent pup I have ever worked with !!! Definitely a breed where the environment has to be managed and "puppy proofed" but I am having the time of my life!! Can't believe what "Goose" has learned and accomplished in just over 2 weeks. A true delight to have around!!
Bonnie
Hoover - Jack Russell - over the bridge at 21
Aggie Dog - Sheltie mix rescue - over the bridge at 16
Lord - GSD - over the bridge
Goose - active and fun Dutch!
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Re: DS: what a dog!

Post by racingiron1 »

Welcome and congrats! Looking forward to hear about your progress, and of course, puppy pictures!! I'm pretty sure I've never heard one described as "true delight to have around!" Just wait until Goose starts to learn things faster than you! :lol:
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Brussel2
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Live on a 36 acre hay farm east of Austin, Tx. Current fur pals are "Uda Boss" about 3 yr old chi mix who "found" us about 2 years ago. Recently deceased "Lord", GS Czech import and newest addition 10 week old "Goose" DS.

Post by Brussel2 »

He already is learning faster than me!!

Attachments
Goose
Goose
Bonnie
Hoover - Jack Russell - over the bridge at 21
Aggie Dog - Sheltie mix rescue - over the bridge at 16
Lord - GSD - over the bridge
Goose - active and fun Dutch!