Nai from Bermuda

For our new members to introduce themselves
naiBDA
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Looking to DS as my next breed

Nai from Bermuda

Post by naiBDA »

Hey all!

I'm here because obviously I have interest in DSs! I have had a few dogs before, all boxers from europe so I am familiar with working dogs and their drive albeit may be a bit less from a DS. Unfortunately I have had a lot of health problems with boxers and can't deal with the heartbreak anymore (can give that story in another post). I came across DS because I wanted my next dog to fill in the gaps I have with boxers. I live in Bermuda which gets hot in summer so wanted a dog that can deal with the heat, short coat, doesn't drool a lot (lol), good with kids (we have a new born), but is still active as we are an active family and run/mountain bike/boat etc. and like to take the dog with us. MOST important was finding a dog that doesnt have major health problems. Let me know if I am going down the wrong road but I think these dogs may fit the bill. Either hello from the middle of the ocean!
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Nai from Bermuda

Post by centrop67 »

Hello! Welcome to the forum.

The newborn part might be a showstopper. A DS will require a great deal of your attention, and they're not always friendly out-of-the-box.

Physical activity is great, but the breed requires a mental challenge as well.

Please take this into consideration in your breed research.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers