For our new members to introduce themselves
Indi
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: KNPV Dutchy girl – Racy
KNPV Dutchy boy – Tiger

RIP old mate, 18-year-old GSD Indi :(

Long-time lurker, new owner

Post by Indi »

So I joined a while ago after we started to look at Dutch Shepherds. There aren't many around our part of Australia but, as luck would have it, we've just welcomed a nine-month girl into our home.

She lovely, a bit demanding, but we're hoping she will settle in with us and her new German shepherd friend. He's 16 and still in pretty good condition. We've been very lucky with him health-wise, and it was for this reason we started looking at Dutchies, as it's a bit of a gamble trying to get a healthy, long-lived GSD nowadays. He's obedience, protection and agility trained, but obviously doesn't do any work these days. He has a great temperament.

Our Dutchy comes from KNPV lines, and so I had to ask the obvious question in this thread: http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewt ... =30&t=5656

Her right ear's a bit soft, but we're fixing this with a bit of cardboard and some Calci-D. First two pix are recent, last pic is from last year when the German shepherd was 14+. He's a good dog and we're hoping she will be, too.
file8.jpeg
file8.jpeg (625.07 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
file1-1.jpeg
file1-1.jpeg (261.94 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
Shep.jpg
Shep.jpg (562.05 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
Indi
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: KNPV Dutchy girl – Racy
KNPV Dutchy boy – Tiger

RIP old mate, 18-year-old GSD Indi :(

Re: Long-time lurker, new owner

Post by Indi »

She doesn't mind the cardboard ears, lol. They get changed out regularly with a bit of a breather in-between. Hopefully a couple of weeks and a bit of calcium should be enough to get the wrinkles out.
file-2.jpeg
file-2.jpeg (419.96 KiB) Viewed 1377 times
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Long-time lurker, new owner

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers