New Member, meet Iris

For our new members to introduce themselves
bobbyblakem
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Living in Charlotte, NC I'm an attorney that works actively with Craft Breweries. In addition I'm an avid runner, training for my first Marathon. We just adopted Iris our half Dutch Shepherd half German Shepherd puppy on 01/17/18. She was born 11/19/17.

New Member, meet Iris

Post by bobbyblakem »

Hey everyone,

We just picked up my Dutch Shepherd/German Shepherd Mix a few weeks ago. Her name is Iris and she is 10 weeks old today. She's a handful but I can tell she's going to be a great dog.
Attachments
Iris 1.jpeg
Iris 1.jpeg (166.87 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: New Member, meet Iris

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh She is so stinkin cute
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
bobbyblakem
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Living in Charlotte, NC I'm an attorney that works actively with Craft Breweries. In addition I'm an avid runner, training for my first Marathon. We just adopted Iris our half Dutch Shepherd half German Shepherd puppy on 01/17/18. She was born 11/19/17.

Post by bobbyblakem »

Here's another one. Anyone else in Charlotte, NC?
Attachments
Iris 3.jpeg
Iris 3.jpeg (257.84 KiB) Viewed 3455 times
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum. What a cutie.

I bet that face makes it difficult to say no.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

:DSlove: :DSlove: :DSlove: :DSlove: :DSlove: Damn you for posting such adorable pictures
ImageImage
bobbyblakem
Just Whelped

Post by bobbyblakem »

Her face would make it difficult if her behavior wasn't so spazzy. Trying to get the puppy biting under control!
centrop67 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 pm Welcome to the forum. What a cutie.

I bet that face makes it difficult to say no.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

lol, Sadie is 8 and she is still a crack head dog.
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

bobbyblakem wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm Trying to get the puppy biting under control!
Check out the Collared Scholar article on Biting. Start Here
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
bobbyblakem
Just Whelped

Post by bobbyblakem »

Thanks for the article! That's kind of what I meant by getting it under control. Iris has a pretty hard prey drive and I learned very quickly the yelp like a puppy thing just made her come harder. We redirect her to appropriate toys and if that doesn't do the trick we stop playing to let her know that fun stops once she gets too crazy. It's going slowly, but she's making progress!
centrop67 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 pm
bobbyblakem wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm Trying to get the puppy biting under control!
Check out the Collared Scholar article on Biting. Start Here
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

:wtg:

Keep the photos coming. My wife melted this morning when she saw Iris.
Michael
t_vollmar
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello - My name is Tammy - I own what we think is a Dutch Shepherd and her name is Sadie and she is 2 years old and beautiful and our other dog is a little dog - her name is Bella - she is 5 years and is a Chihuahua mix (we think miniature pintcher). We love our dogs. I am a huge dog person. and want to no more about Sadie, our Dutch Shepherd.

Post by t_vollmar »

She is so cute - She is in that ackward stage where the ears are like to big for the head - growing into them. She is cute!!
bobbyblakem
Just Whelped

Post by bobbyblakem »

Here's one of her and her brother Buddy, my Chow/Bernese Mountain Dog Mix
Attachments
Iris and Buddy.jpeg
Iris and Buddy.jpeg (301.62 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
GypsyTheDS
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Me n my girls, Gypsy and Nala, live in Georgia. Gypsy was found as a neglected and abused stray. A Dutch Shepherd mix. She is now healthy and happy as part of our family. Nala came to us from a Craigslist ad at a year old. A tall and lanky German Shepherd/lab mix.

Post by GypsyTheDS »

Omg. She is soooo cute!!!! She makes me want to have a puppy again!
Aimee, Gypsy (DS) & Nala (GSD/lab)
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

She looks so sweet.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG