July Photo of the Month Winner
Theme: Action
Pictured: Zoey
Submitted by: Borellar15
Zoey Loves Swimming

New option for posting images: Image

Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

Just registered? Read This.
August Theme is Hiking

Featured Topics
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

July Runner Up
Pictured: Karma
Submitted by: Wes Thomas

Rescue Pup

For our new members to introduce themselves
Shenzis_Mom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Our little family just adopted a 3-4 month old DS from a local shelter. We are super excited to have her in our family now. She joins our 9 year old GS, 7 year old human boy, and mom and dad.

Rescue Pup

Post by Shenzis_Mom » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Hello!
This past Sunday, July 1st, 2018, we adopted the sweetest little pup from a local shelter. They told us that she was a DS and 3-4 months old. She is obviously underweight, but we are working on that! We had never heard of the breed, but my 7 year old son, fell in love with her. He thought that some of the adult DS's looked like a hyena. So we chose the name Shenzi. Here she is! Image

We are excited to learn all about her breed. We know that she is a working dog, but we are not strangers to that game as we have a 9 year old GSD also.

borellar15
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our two dogs Zoey(DS) and Tripper(lab mix). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs.

Re: Rescue Pup

Post by borellar15 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:19 pm

She is a cutie! Cant wait to see more of her! Welcome to the forum!
Image Image
Austin, Texas

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Post by centrop67 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Welcome to the forum
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Shenzis_Mom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Our little family just adopted a 3-4 month old DS from a local shelter. We are super excited to have her in our family now. She joins our 9 year old GS, 7 year old human boy, and mom and dad.

Post by Shenzis_Mom » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Thank you! I have learned so much already! I tend to lurk on forums, but hope to share the adventures in DS Puppy Fun often.