Hi! Newbie here. Did I adopt a Dutchie from a shelter?

For our new members to introduce themselves
Meowoof5
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Companion to one 17 year old tabby cat, Bungee, one 16 year old Pomeranian, Wiggy, both adopted, and newly adopted "Kraken" Dutch shepherd/mix? named Marley. Mom of two grown sons.

Hi! Newbie here. Did I adopt a Dutchie from a shelter?

Post by Meowoof5 »

Marley came to me as a 4-5 month old from my Township animal shelter. The shelter described her as a "delightful mix." She is now 9 mos? I had never heard of Dutch Shepherds, but I've been researching like crazy and think she may be one, or a mix?
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Hi! Newbie here. Did I adopt a Dutchie from a shelter?

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.

Except for the pointy ears and brindle, there's a lot that says not a Dutch Shepherd - head shape, eye shape, and tail are not DS. There's a lot of breeds that have the pointy ears and brindle.

Good looking dog.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Meowoof5
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Companion to one 17 year old tabby cat, Bungee, one 16 year old Pomeranian, Wiggy, both adopted, and newly adopted "Kraken" Dutch shepherd/mix? named Marley. Mom of two grown sons.

Re: Hi! Newbie here. Did I adopt a Dutchie from a shelter?

Post by Meowoof5 »

Thanks for your reply. I'm learning a lot. Her size and temperment fit DS, also. I'm thinking bully shepherd, boxer shepherd, with greyhound in there somewhere. She has a long, slender body with a strong chest. She flies like the wind and never seems to tire. She has a crazy high drive, but maybe being 9 mos. has a lot to do with it. In any case, she is very smart, learning quickly and a Velcro lovey. Maybe I will ask for Wisdom panel for Christmas! Thank you again for replying, I really appreciate your expertise!