Indestructible dog bed?

For our new members to introduce themselves
Holcomb
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We are a family of 4 humans (2 young boys), 2 older Australian Shepherds and 1 DS pup.

Indestructible dog bed?

Post by Holcomb »

Dutchie is a 5 month old that likes to destroy his dog bed. Does any one have a recommended brand of dog bed for this guy?
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Re: Indestructible dog bed?

Post by Wes Thomas »

After several beds purchased and destroyed within the first two days Karma went without a bed and slept on the love seat until she was about two years old when I finally purchased another nice dog bed and so far so good 9 months later.
Holcomb
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We are a family of 4 humans (2 young boys), 2 older Australian Shepherds and 1 DS pup.

Post by Holcomb »

Thanks. Right now he is sleeping in his crate with a blanket and doesn’t chew it up. He just cant have anything on the floor for him to lay on.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH NOPE, I have tried them all and Sadie has shredded every one of them. Make sure they have toys that they know they can play with and keep eyes on them at all times to stop them before they shred.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Go down to your local feed store and purchase a horse mat. Cut it to size. Only thing that's worked for me.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Holcomb
Just Whelped

Post by Holcomb »

Good idea. Thank you.
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Yea Zoey will sleep on the ones from Costco but if we put them in her crate she shreds them when we leave. We just don’t put anything in there anymore. Simple as that. They will shred them all
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Hey what's the dog's name? What brought you to the breed?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Holcomb
Just Whelped

Post by Holcomb »

His name is Dutch, or Dutchie. I know its not very original but that was the name everyone in the family could agree on. We decided it was time to get another dog since our Ausies are getting older. I love Australian Shepherds but the long hair drives me crazy. We have a friend that breeds a working line of DS. We dediced to check them out an give it a shot. We want the kids to get involved with the obedience training and hope that it gets them interested enough to start rally training. We are undecided about bite training.