28 yo New Member - OHIO USA - LF Breeder/DS Advice

For our new members to introduce themselves
sysyphus
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Foxy

Re: 28 yo New Member - OHIO USA - LF Breeder/DS Advice

Post by sysyphus »

Cinci Wolf wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:07 am Well all dogs shed. Especially shepherds, but short hair less so from the research I've done. I understand I'll have to brush them at least once a week.

sysyphus wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:19 pm
Tim91118 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:13 pm Do some more checking other than kennels your finding on a google search.
Yea, Craigslist...
and as to "Craigslist". Is that a joke or sincerity? I will check it either way on the off chance.
Both. You never know what you will find. Just because it's not the most popular searched site that comes up or even a site at all doesn't mean you won't find a quality dog. Thats how I got mine, and she anit half bad. Sounds like you know what you want so it shouldn't be an issue to figure it out, that what engineers do right? Advertising doesn't mean quality some of the best things aren't advertised...and based on your description of what your looking for, predominantly looks from what I gather, does it matter where it comes from as long as it's clearly cared for, apparently healthy, and the breeder seems knowledgable and transparent? Check a dog shelter, high caliber dogs get dump because uneduacated owners want trophies...
Cinci Wolf
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: 28 yo Engineer. I just purchased my first house last May and am looking to get my first dog. Had dogs growing up all my life (GS, Med Schnauzer, 2 Labs) and fell in love with the DS breed after being introduced by my cousin and his working K9 enter. They do airport security/cargo inspection.

Post by Cinci Wolf »

Thanks a lot for the advice. Unfortunately my dog search has been put on hold as my younger sister has more need of me after a serious accident that will leave her in the hospital for months. I will def reach back out when the time is more appropriate.
Wolfgang
Just a guy looking for his buddy.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Sorry to hear that. Praying for a swift recovery.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers