New to DS!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Ripley1225
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a mixed breed puppy - 1/2 Golden Retriever (dam) and 1/2 Dutch Shepherd (sire). I did not know much about Dutch Shepherds when I adopted her. She is 11 weeks old now (I've had her a little over 2 weeks. I have a consultation with a trainer tonight, and another consultation on 2/6 with a trainer who said he'd be able to give me a good idea of her temperament. I'm here to gain knowledge about this particular breed.

New to DS!

Post by Ripley1225 »

Hello. I recently adopted a mixed breed puppy. The owner says she's half DS and half Golden Retriever. I'm completely new to the DS breed. I've read up on them now and so I know there's some work ahead. Not sure which personality will be dominant -- DS or GR. I'll post better pics in the other thread 'Is my dog a DS''. But here's one of her laying down. Let me know what you think! I've set up an appointment Thursday for puppy foundation training and then will enroll in group obedience training. The trainer has a 30 years of experience with working breeds. That's good...cuz I don't know what I'm doing...
Attachments
IMG_5718.JPG
IMG_5718.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1710 times
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: New to DS!

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Interesting mix for sure!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

she sure is adorable
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Odd combination but very cute pup!
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas