Eric...What About...?

Make your requests for changes and/or additions
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Eric...What About...?

Post by Raven »

With the increase of posts (that are posted in various sections) about "Is my dog a DS?," what do you think about a section designated for that question? It wouldn't help contain the inquiries 100%, but might cut down on cross-threading/multiple threads. (?)

DSF sections are varied and clearly stated, so nothing will help when someone wants to flood sections for answers. So...just a thought.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Eric...What About...?

Post by centrop67 »

I think this is a great idea. You could also sticky a post of instructions on the type of pictures that would help the experts on here identify the breed.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

I like this idea!

Give me some time to get the change made. If you don't see in within a month or two...nudge me again. :pint:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years

Post by LyonsFamily »

centrop67 wrote:I think this is a great idea. You could also sticky a post of instructions on the type of pictures that would help the experts on here identify the breed.
:wtg: I like that idea about suggesting what pictures are needed. Perhaps it could go on top like the health testing part in the puppies section.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Raven »

Yee-haw! Thanks, Eric.

I've seen on another very active forum, that when someone posts in the wrong section, a moderator will move it. The original thread states that it's been moved; the thread that's been moved to another section also states it was moved from blah-blah. I don't know how much it helps training new members who post incorrectly, but at the least it helps keeps topics better organized.

Ditto on giving people tips on what type of pictures to post for assessment.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

This had been done. Locking the request.

For changes/tweaks to it please see this post: http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewt ... =13&t=3232
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)