Board accessability via tapatalk

Make your requests for changes and/or additions
utahbiker
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a 5 month old fawn male DS named Kaboose! He's my trail dog and cuddle buddy.

Board accessability via tapatalk

Post by utahbiker »

I would love to see access via tapatalk app. It would also be another form of exposure for any ad revenue that might be generated with the forum.

Tapatalk is one of the most popular apps used to access and search for forums across the Internet. I use it on a daily basis for the other forums I frequent.

To register your forum within the tapatalk directory, the site owner needs to create an account and list it, here: https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/landing/register

Not sure if there are any restrictions, but I would love to see a more mobile friendly version of dutchshepherdforum.com!
Kaboose aka Nightmare
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Board accessability via tapatalk

Post by centrop67 »

Thank you for the suggestion. :wtg:

My preliminary thought on Tapatalk is no.

My main complaints are:
  • It has popups for non-users of Tapatalk to install the app. I think this can be disabled, but I know a few of the older members on the site would have a heart-attack if it happened just once.
  • It basically exposes an interface to the website that concerns me regarding security.
  • It logs (for what purpose?) everything every user does on the site.
This is the 1st complaint I've heard regarding mobile access to the site. I am not a big fan of accessing it from my iPhone, but it's still usable. It's actually not that bad on my Android tablet and phone. (Yes, I have two phones - the iPhone is for work).

The reason it isn't right on the mobile browser is an add-on that I am using that hasn't worked properly since about three upgrades to phpBB ago.

I will look deeper into making the site more mobile friendly.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
utahbiker
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a 5 month old fawn male DS named Kaboose! He's my trail dog and cuddle buddy.

Post by utahbiker »

Thanks, Michael for the consideration. The site does pretty good right now as-is on a mobile device and I wouldn't call my OP a complaint by any means. I'm new here and don't really have any grounds to complain anyway! :-D

I think I'm spoiled with the convenience of tapatalk though and accessing all my forums from one location. 90% of my forum activity (not just here) is via a mobile device these days!

Cheers!
Kaboose aka Nightmare
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

utahbiker wrote:I think I'm spoiled with the convenience of tapatalk though and accessing all my forums from one location.
Unfortunately, what many people don't understand is that convenience actually has a price. If you're not paying, than you are the product. That's why the fact that they log everything concerns me.

It's the same as those membership cards like the one at CVS. You get a nominal discount on purchases, and in turn, they know everything there is to know about you - maybe more than you know about yourself.

I am not completely paranoid, I subscribe to convenience over privacy on many things. I just don't think it would be fair for me to make that decision for all the members of this site.

Again, thank you for the idea, and don't hesitate to suggest more. I am always looking at ways to improve this site.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers