Random Thread

Make your requests for changes and/or additions
montecarlogirl87
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: dogs, cats, fish, birds, horses, llamas... I've worked with them all :)

Random Thread

Post by montecarlogirl87 »

just an idea... there's another board I'm on, and it works well there, but the board itself is structured a bit different (it's a fandom board but it's very casual and many of the conversations are not even related to the tv show itself)

we have a 'Random' thread that we start each month... it just gives the members somewhere to post small things, a picture, thought, joke, something that happened... but something that doesn't necessarily need or require a full thread or discussion... it helps us from having a hundred topics with only a couple replies each
Tareena and Shylah and Shota - Orlando, FL
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Random Thread

Post by centrop67 »

This sounds a lot like like the Facebook news feed or Twitter, so it's not difficult to recognize why it's popular. I will look into implementing something like this.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

the only problem I see is that stuff gets lost that may be interesting. The difference between forums and FB is the fact that there are threads. I like both set ups and its nice having a forum that is clean and organized. It drives me bonkers sometimes the way FB works. If there is something interesting and even an hour goes by, its gone.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 pm the only problem I see is that stuff gets lost that may be interesting. The difference between forums and FB is the fact that there are threads. I like both set ups and its nice having a forum that is clean and organized. It drives me bonkers sometimes the way FB works. If there is something interesting and even an hour goes by, its gone.
Gone with the wind. FB is funny for that reason, and God forbid you search back further than a week, well then you're a fb stalker if you like or comment on it ha
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

I hate fb lol that's why I'm not on it
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Duke wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 pm
Dutchringgirl wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:41 pm the only problem I see is that stuff gets lost that may be interesting. The difference between forums and FB is the fact that there are threads. I like both set ups and its nice having a forum that is clean and organized. It drives me bonkers sometimes the way FB works. If there is something interesting and even an hour goes by, its gone.
Gone with the wind. FB is funny for that reason, and God forbid you search back further than a week, well then you're a fb stalker if you like or comment on it ha
True.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG