Trainers

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Flaro1522
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just purchased a Dutch Shepherd puppy and named him Murphy. He is 6 months old. I am formerly the owner of an Australian Shepherd. I live in the Chicagoland area. I am a high school teacher and coach.

Trainers

Post by Flaro1522 »

Hi. Just wondering how much you guys pay trainers? My dog knows as much as I can really teach him. I’ve been getting those leerburg videos to teach him. Want to give him a job. He’s great the way he is. I keep him exercised and take him through his commands daily. He’s great w my family...just thinking he should be doing something. He’s great on a tug but can be a pretty nervous dog, so I’m not sure he can do bite work. He really likes to train and learn new stuff. Want to keep that up but also don’t want to break the bank.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
7C8BF9C9-8014-4599-BF0D-36A4521EF838.png
7C8BF9C9-8014-4599-BF0D-36A4521EF838.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1599 times
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Re: Trainers

Post by oddbird »

Have you looked into dock diving? In my area, it’s not as expensive as other dog sports or even private obedience training. The rate works out to be something around $30/hr versus $120ish/hr.
Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I agree with Bird, look into something fun you guys can do together.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Flaro1522
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just purchased a Dutch Shepherd puppy and named him Murphy. He is 6 months old. I am formerly the owner of an Australian Shepherd. I live in the Chicagoland area. I am a high school teacher and coach.

Post by Flaro1522 »

Thanks. I’ll look into it. They have a big pool and do that at a place not too far from me.
Vhyran
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hello there! I own a white german shepherd and a 1 year old Dutch shepherd called "Wega" He's my workind dog and I'm working in a Security Company for Events :)

Post by Vhyran »

Hello,
Just wondering how much you guys pay trainers?
My trainer takes 50-75€ (~60-80 dollar) /45 minutes in Mondioring and specialized bite work. (Tactical training in houses, in water, military style, handling a dog with weapons and other stuff,..)
I really wanted a good start years ago with Wega so I was very picky about a good trainer. Lot of trainers here have no clue about a Mal or a Dutchie, they treat them non different from a Boxer or other breed...especially in Bitework. They "drive the dog in the first year crazy", but that's not what I wanted. I wanted a clear and good start with Wega and I am so happy to found this guy.

For normal training like Obe, agility or social training, show training, Clicker training, o.a. he takes around 40-50 € ( ~ 50-70 dollar) each 45 minutes.