Dutch Shepherd missing in Washington DC area

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Breaking Bombs
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I am a dutch shepherd and doberman enthusiast and will hopefully be adopting my first Dutch this week from NADSR. I don't have any dogs yet, but hope to have one of each soon

Re: Dutch Shepherd missing in Washington DC area

Post by Breaking Bombs »

What area of DC is this? If you wouldn't mind forwarding me the poster or any information, I know some people I can get it out to as well. My wife is stationed up there, so the least we can do is be on the lookout.

I don't recall seeing it suggested, and I don't know that it would work, but has anyone tried tracking her with a scent-hound? I know there is a guy locally where I live who does this in his free time with his hound mix.
Nick
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Breaking Bombs wrote:What area of DC is this? If you wouldn't mind forwarding me the poster or any information, I know some people I can get it out to as well. My wife is stationed up there, so the least we can do is be on the lookout.

I don't recall seeing it suggested, and I don't know that it would work, but has anyone tried tracking her with a scent-hound? I know there is a guy locally where I live who does this in his free time with his hound mix.

Hi there Nick,

Welcome to the forum. If you don't mind, could you post a brief intro in the appropriate section and tell us all about yourself? Also, it is really easy to visit your user control panel and create a signature with your first and last name....then we will all know who is breaking bombs :-)

Welcome again,
Christie
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Breaking Bombs wrote:What area of DC is this? If you wouldn't mind forwarding me the poster or any information, I know some people I can get it out to as well. My wife is stationed up there, so the least we can do is be on the lookout.

Welcome Nick. I too am looking forward to reading more about you. 8-)

As far as the fugitive is concerned: She is Awol in West Springfield, so officially not DC itself.
Tracking is an option, but only when there is a verifield recent sighting to start out with. :( So far, it has usually taken quite some time to verify that the dog that was called about, was indeed ours. (the majority of calls are not) I do know that someone had read my craigslist post, and kept hounding (pun intended) the local lady who posted it for me, asking her, ultimately if I even wanted my dog back. :? She offered to track, for a nice fee, of course, and was offended that I saw no use in wasting scarce resouces on someone 'following' a 5 month old trail. I should have followed my husbands suggestion: Let her do it, and tell her that she will get paid when the dog is found at the end of her track. :roll:
That is no offense meant with regards to your excellent suggestion and thanks for your offer to be on the look out.
I am still chasing her pattern, and plan to place a life trap, but there too, I will need a known hide out. I suspect she is holed up with Osama Bin Laden himself. :evil: (or is holding him at gunpoint unil help arrives)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote: I suspect she is holed up with Osama Bin Laden himself. :evil: (or is holding him at gunpoint unil help arrives)
:lmao:

Sometimes severe stress brings up the best humor :roll:
I'm still crossing my fingers she will be found soon!