Aachen Dutch Shepherds Poor Experience

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
THSTim
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Projectile retailer and onwer of a Aachen Dutch Shepherd dog

Aachen Dutch Shepherds Poor Experience

Post by THSTim »

Hello I am Tim D. and I purchased a Dutch Shepard Puppy from Aachen Dutch Shepherds
Keely McKee
8701 156th St SE
Noble OK 73068
(405) 899-4438
I spent just shy of $1300.00 for a puppy from Keely last summer 2011
The puppy arrived in rather poor condition. It had both Ear and Eye{blood shot & crusted around eye} infections. We took the puppy to our Veterinarian and she was disappointed with the condition it was in. The puppy had brown teeth {which might be caused by cheap antibiotics abuse}. The puppy had a real problem with chronic diarrhea. It took several course of antibiotics to get this puppy's digestive system clear of the problems. We never received pedigree papers despite several calls and email all saying sorry I will get to right away/ computer problem and so on. It seems as if after do some research on this person and kennel I am not the only one with concerns. None the less truth should be told. Thank you Tim D
THS Sporting Center
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Re: Aachen Dutch Shepherds Poor Experience

Post by CaroleBoaz »

I hate when I hear about puppies suffering. :( Poor thing. Not to mention your own problems getting what you paid for.
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Tim, sorry to hear about your bad luck. :( I feel sure you found this board after googeling the kennel, wished for you you had found the info before. But maybe the good thing that came out of this is that you gave a brindle a good home? Assuming you still have him/her? If so, spoil us with pictures! 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Hey Tim, what a horrible experience. I hope the puppy is thriving now, and am glad you added your experience with a terrible "kennel/breeder" (just had to put that in quotes).
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hi Tim. Poor fella, I hope all is better now. That is very irresponsible of the "breeder".
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
roxanne
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hi.....my name is Angela. I have 2 daughters and 1 granddaughter. All of my dogs (and cats) are rescues. I have a puppy that we just adopted that I think could be at least part Dutch Shepherd. We also have a 2 year old pug/min pin mix and an 11 year old border collie and possible lab mix.

Post by roxanne »

Poor little pup! Hope it's doing better now! It's funny the things you find after you acquire a puppy. After we adopted our little Roxie, we found out that there's a training place in the city where she was found that was supposedly pretty scary. They had Dutch Shepherds, GSDs, and Belgian Malinios. Just makes me wonder what she escaped from.
Angela
UCD URO1 El Tango De Roxanne CD CGC
(Dutch shepherd mix)
Emmy (pug/min pin mix)
THSTim
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Projectile retailer and onwer of a Aachen Dutch Shepherd dog

Post by THSTim »

Our pup is now a fairly grown dog. Loosing some of its puppy has made it a bit more of a good pet. I will post pics {don't have any on this computer} . We live in the county and have lots of room for running and chasing wild stuff{RABBITS} off the grass. Barking at distant dogs is also a favorite. Biting & snapping at dust in the air is a bit strange{during morning & evening}. We try to give out pets the best life a dog could have. Lots of space, stuff to chase and quality food.
THS Sporting Center
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Glad you still have him and it sounds like you all are very happy!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

glad you are keeping him, sounds like he has a good life with you, mine love chasing too (bunny's cat's bird's whatever) :mrgreen: But they can't, I will not have it :twisted: So they want your adress :angel:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Tim, forgot to ask. Would you mind creating a signature in your profile, so you don't have to remember to sign your posts every time?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Marjolein wrote:mine love chasing too (bunny's cat's bird's whatever) :mrgreen: But they can't, I will not have it :twisted: So they want your adress :angel:
So does Boaz! :D
THSTim
Just Whelped

Post by THSTim »

Here is a puppy pic from last year.
THS Sporting Center
THSTim
Just Whelped

Post by THSTim »

Okay one more time???
Attachments
First boar
First boar
IMG_2970a.jpg (418.78 KiB) Viewed 12542 times
3 months old
3 months old
IMG_2952a.jpg (424.74 KiB) Viewed 12542 times
THS Sporting Center
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog

Post by CaroleBoaz »

What a beautiful puppy! Did he get to eat any of that prize?

What kind of weapon is that?
zxs107020
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dallas, TX. I have owned two dutch shepherds. Both were/are service dogs. I hope to trial in competitive obedience/tracking with my current puppy.

Post by zxs107020 »

I just want to add that I recently bought a puppy from Aachen Dutch Shepherds. I drove to their home and inspected the puppies and picked one out for myself. I couldnt be happier, she is perfect in every way. I also got all of her papers in a timely manner. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but mine was great!
Aachen Cleopatra 2/15/17
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

You mentioned the dog has "brown teeth", are you sure it has enamel on it's teeth? I've seen some dogs that had no enamel on their teeth as you stated, brown in color- due to use of low grade anti-biotics with the mother. I'd be very concerned about this if that is the case.

M