Awesome training secret

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Awesome training secret

Post by Brindle »

I have discovered the most amazing DS training secret :D

Don't EVER tell your dogs breeder how awesome the dog is or how amazing training is going ......
because ...... if you do ....... everything falls apart :( , dog acts completely clueless to all commands, and you get the evil brindle finger :twisted:

Sure think I'd have figured it out before now but apparently it took me several repeats to see the obvious :wall: :wall:

I'm willing to bet this is true of rescues & shelter dogs too ( so don't tell the rescue group / adoption shelter how amazing the dog is .... or else ) .

I know this training secret is worth a small fortune but on behalf of Dutch Shepherd handler/owners everywhere I knew that I must start off the New Year by sharing this amazing knowledge.

Enjoy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:ds:
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Awesome training secret

Post by leih merigian »

Jenny, I'd expand it even more...to don't brag at all, to anyone :lol: .

It's hard to do when you're so proud of something, but man oh man, do that and watch out! :rocklicker:

(Geyser reminds me so much of that poem...I'm sure I don't remember it right...there once was a girl, with a pretty little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very very good, but when she was bad she was horrid :lol: . I've decided Geyser has an evil twin that just happens to live inside of her, kind of like multiple personality disorder :eek: )
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Whaha, it's no longer a secret, I believe it is in 1 or 2 books about the breed (only in Dutch, sorry) that it is typical for the breed to do really well.... untill examn day or similar :D Due to the "sensitivity" they pick up in your nerves soooooo easily :mrgreen:

I had a good thing with it though... a dog that was (and is...) always making fun of me in training (SAR), but if we had serious fake-emergency (to practise) he always worked like a pro 8-) He NEVER let me down then, and was actually approved for real emergency's by the German Red Cross :shock: To everyone's surprise, as he never proved very reliable in trainings :evil: ***hole :x
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

Typical ..... the Dutch have the breed secrets :lol: :D :lol:

Anything else I should know about ?

LOVE Leih's interpretation " multiple personality disorder ". Sure seems appropriate.

Hhhmmm ........... got our first trial the end of this month. Sounds like it's a lost cause as my nerves will hit insane levels :eew:
Just thinking about it now and I can barely function ! :yernuts:
Guess I'd better find someone to video so we can share in the laughs of DS creativity.

Oh ... just thought of something ...... Does the reverse work ?
i.e. if I let you all know which exercises will go wrong ahead of time will he show me up by doing them right in the trial ?
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Brindle wrote:
Oh ... just thought of something ...... Does the reverse work ?
i.e. if I let you all know which exercises will go wrong ahead of time will he show me up by doing them right in the trial ?
Well, let's find out! :mrgreen:

I'm also en nervous wreck during examns...horrible. It does get better after you do them several times (you can figure out why I have to do them several times yourselves :roll: )
sgar-LPC
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have recently adopted a military working dog, Dutch Shepherd breed, by the name of Hhinch. He is 16 months old and a bundle of energy!

Post by sgar-LPC »

This all so has me laughing! :lol:
Now I'm nervous.... I am just hoping we get through our first obedience class that starts in a couple of weeks! :ds:
Staci G
Texas