Feeding

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
turgi11
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: i have a dutch shpherd

Feeding

Post by turgi11 »

hey, my DS puppy is 2 and half month old. i feed her belcando food. it is say on the bad giver her 80g for her weight and i giver her around 90 for day. i feed her 3 times in a day and she is always want more and more food like crazy. what to do? feed her more? i dont giver her enough?
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Feeding

Post by icvanstra »

Turgi11

don't forget to create a signature so we know who you are.

The Dutch Shepherd is a rather skinny dog to begin with so take that into consideration... How does the puppy look? Fat, chubby, normal, thin, emaciated, etc...

I'm not familiar with the food that you feeding nor the way you are describing the amounts.

is that "90" split among three meals or is that per meal.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
turgi11
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: i have a dutch shpherd

Post by turgi11 »

she is normal, i think exactly how she supposed to be. i give her 90 split for tree meals. maybe little more like a 100 even. that is 20g more from what it said on the bag, i hope it not too much because i dont want she will become chubby and i want she will stop be a piggy. you have some way to stop this behavior?

ill create a signature tomorrow, you are right.
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Keep in mind the amounts listed on the outside of the bag are only guidelines.

Both of my dogs are roughly the same weight. One I feed 1 scoop twice a day and the other I feed 2 scoops twice a day... Different energy levels/metabolism/etc...
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

turgi11 wrote:and i want she will stop be a piggy. you have some way to stop this behavior?
Is your puppy current on vaccines and deworming? If so, then stop worrying.

My dogs are 9 months, 10 years and 14 years and all of them are still piggies!!! Many Dutch Shepherds have very high food drive. Use it to your advantage!! Keep some of those pieces of kibble out of the food dish and use it for training through out the day. But I wouldn't take her desire to eat as a need for food. If her weight is perfect, then you are doing everything right.

If you want to stop her from gobbling all of her food quickly, try spreading it out on a cooking sheet or putting obstacles in the dish that she has to get around - like a few big rocks.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown