dereliction of duties

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

dereliction of duties

Post by icvanstra »

All,

It has been brought to my attention by certain unnamed members of this forum that I have been derelict in my duties lately... :roll:

- the poll for the January contest hasn't been posted yet...
- the December Winning photo hasn't been set to the forums poster child of excellence ... I guess I don't like the winning dogs.
- along with a few other items...

Well, I don't have a good excuse other than laziness. I'm sure all of you can understand this concept: the busier you are the more you get done the opposite is true as well. At work we are finally coming out of our slowest time of the year and looking back I realize all the great ambitions I had for accomplishing things are ... well ... uh ... still on my to do list.

so...

- Over the last couple of days has anyone had problems with the forum? Starting 2/14 and seeming to end on 2/16 there were lot's of errors and timeouts for me. I contacted my friend that owns the hosting company and he ensures me that all was good. But then again, he left today for a two week trip to Peru today. I could think that he was blowing me off... Back when I moved all my stuff to his hosting company he asked me to not let his staff know that we are friends. His helpdesk folks told me the same thing... So, if you have experienced problem recently please let me know.

- I make a half hearted promise to update the winning photo to my own dogs. :dsrazz:

- Hopefully will have the January poll up soon.

Then again all I'm really concerned about right now is my next trip home to The Netherlands! ...and getting my customers to start spending again. :mrgreen:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: dereliction of duties

Post by icvanstra »

p.s. Still with inches of ice in places in my yard... It hit the mid 60's today here in Indianapolis.

there was this incredible smell of "spring" in the air.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Post by FG167 »

We had that smell today too!! The dogs are very frisky now :)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

icvanstra wrote: So, if you have experienced problem recently please let me know.
Anytime I wanted to post an answer, it would time out on me. It was only this forum. :eek:

Glad to see that you are back though, and that the problem with the dereliction of Dutchies is being addressed :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

When spring is in the air it's VERY hard to want to be in the house on the computer.

There is suddenly a winters worth of poop to pickup after all!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Oh yes! I thought there was a lot of cr@p floating around after our snowy spells. But those were brief (< week) and I cannot imagine what minefield one would encounter after a Minnesota's winters worth. :eek:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

k9katet wrote:When spring is in the air it's VERY hard to want to be in the house on the computer.
Buy a laptop! :dsangry:

I had some time-outs too when replying.... Did you update recently? You have to do this once every two months or so?
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Updates... generally done on an as needed basis.

Since moving to the new hosting company I think we have only done one update to the PHPBB3 software itself.

The hosting company does updates to the systems that run the website from time to time as well.

To digress a little ...

The website is hosted by Modwest http://www.modwest.com. One of the owners is a fraternity brother of mine from Butler University - you may have heard about the Bulldogs last March when they beat on Chrisitie's alma mater before gracefully losing in the final game.

Modwest is probably a medium sized player in the world of webhosting. They aren't staffed 24/7, they don't outsource to Asia, the owner shares his home-brew with the employees and many walk/bike to work - Montana weather permitting. :eew:

Here are some images of where our bits and bytes reside:

http://www.cas.umt.edu/phil/gifs/Missoula.JPG

and the facility itself:

Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Most of us never think about location. Very nice to get a visual.
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:Most of us never think about location. Very nice to get a visual.
it is? :dsroll: :dssmile:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:
vneerland wrote:Most of us never think about location. Very nice to get a visual.
To me, yes. (does not hurt that Montana is rather pretty)
How does your 'server' look, after all? Do you know? (obviously you don't care, but do you have a clue where it is located?)
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote:
Marjolein wrote:
To me, yes. (does not hurt that Montana is rather pretty)
How does your 'server' look, after all? Do you know? (obviously you don't care, but do you have a clue where it is located?)
probabely in Groningen, they keep all the Google bytes there too 8-) We're neigbours I guess :D