What Not To Feed Your Dutchy !

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
jasperswoman
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Krista Averyt Anderson .I am a fairly new Dutchy owner , with a very cool , awesome dog , whom I love to death , Jasper Van Neerland . A dog so cool he has his own Facebook page .

What Not To Feed Your Dutchy !

Post by jasperswoman »

Just a word to the wise from one who now knows . No matter how much they like them , or how much they beg , do not feed your Dutchy ...PRUNES ! I have upholstery falling in my truck at the moment .And my skin is burning . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krista Averyt -Anderson
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: What Not To Feed Your Dutchy !

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I think i just fell off the couch laughing :dsshock:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
jasperswoman
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: My name is Krista Averyt Anderson .I am a fairly new Dutchy owner , with a very cool , awesome dog , whom I love to death , Jasper Van Neerland . A dog so cool he has his own Facebook page .

Post by jasperswoman »

That's all I can figure caused it , he hasn't ate anything different , but when we went for chicken tonight ...OH bOY ! A silent but deadly one ! :mrgreen: :hic:
Krista Averyt -Anderson
Chillyroses
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We foster and train rescue dogs, but a few have decided to stay with us forever. Bo- 9 yo Newfie mix, Emma- 10 yo lab/husky, Kasi- 11 yo border collie and the newest addition, Diesel- born 3/11/10 rescued aug 2010. Poor boy was the unfournatute child of divorce but now my wonderful youngest furkid! I thought having a border collie readied me for another working breed, but this dutchie is keeping me on my toes!

Post by Chillyroses »

Did you look around for a pile of poo?
Just the worst
Jessie & Diesel
Also other rescues who moved in and never left.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

jasperswoman wrote:That's all I can figure caused it , he hasn't ate anything different , but when we went for chicken tonight ...OH bOY ! A silent but deadly one ! :mrgreen: :hic:
It must have been the prunes ! :dsshock:

Gotta love dogs
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

nice.... :dsdoubt:
good to know
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Awwwwwwww Krista. That's just bullsh**. :twisted:
Mine eat plenty of them (plums, but that's a fresh prune, right?) when the fruit is in season. And persimmons -even the ones that are not ripe- :eek: , may apples, passion fruit, nopals, (bradford) pears, wild cherries and muskedine grapes.
I never have problems with the back end. Just the front, where the stones of some fruits are being redeposited, mostly on the carpet. :roll: I simply cannot keep them from combing the woods. Well, I guess I could, but not on a group of 7 brindles that all go out at the same time. :yernuts:
Just tell Jasper not to behave so darn manly. Besides farting, I bet he also belches, snores, and lays in a recliner with the remote and his beer :pint: watching TV.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

HAHAHA, Just like a man !! Thalie is such a lady, its a rare moment when something comes out of either end. :dswink"
ImageImage
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Sara (English Pointer) had TERRIBLE gas. I wish she'd be more like Thalie! (including personality, Sara can't pull off pink glasses. ;) )
Kelly
Koenig
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

:lol: too funny, our Dane can clear the room most days!!! He does sit on the couch and the only thing missing is the glass of beer :pint: He is picky though. Gwen will eat ANYTHING and she doesn't even smell it first. Just down the hatch... hopefully not back up either. :eew:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
jasperswoman
Puppy

Post by jasperswoman »

Jasper does have "GAS " issues . I was just being sarcastic .....but the prunes were the only odd thing he has eaten recently so maybe he just can't handle them .He is a typical male in that he farts quite readily , but he has never shown any desire for beer ! Possibly because I don't drink it , and I am to smart to give him tequila . :hic:
But...while we are on the subject , when we go running on cold mornings , and he runs ahead of me , sometimes I can see a little trail of vapor rise out of his southern traces . Always makes me giggle ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krista Averyt -Anderson
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Zip, my Dutch, is girly with her's. She will be on the couch and upon expelling, will glance over that direction and back at me sheeplishly, as in, "no, not me, wasnt me." :oops:
But on the otherhand my old GSD girl loves to lie behind hubby's recliner. Her GI tract is less and less tolerant as she ages. There have been evenings where she has literally run my hubby out of the room!! I love it and give her a thumbs up every time. He thinks we are conspiring but I just tell him he is getting back what he has dealt me for the past 35 years!! Gotta luv 'em dogs! :wtg:

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
jasperswoman
Puppy

Post by jasperswoman »

Jas is slightly polite with his gas . He does try to sneak them by though , when he stretches he groans and farts all at the same time . And then he quickly leaves the room and tries to make it look like the Sheltie did it . ;)
Krista Averyt -Anderson
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Koenig had a not so polite moment. Stretched, yawned, and let er' rip. He actually scared himself night. He jumped out of the stretch, looked around at his butt, then looked at Richard and I asking what we did to him. ROFL.
Kelly
Koenig
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

turnnburn52984 wrote:Koenig had a not so polite moment. Stretched, yawned, and let er' rip. He actually scared himself night. He jumped out of the stretch, looked around at his butt, then looked at Richard and I asking what we did to him. ROFL.

HAHAHAHAHAHA i love how they look at their rears wondering what that was !!!! :dsdoubt:
ImageImage