Madix Videos

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Madix Videos

Post by FG167 »

Here are some things I've been working on with Madix at home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPSPQc9XAyQ

Here is his latest protection vid - only the 2nd time we ever worked the closed blind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfgU69Su1zk
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Madix Videos

Post by leih merigian »

Very nice! He is a beautiful dog and clearly loves working with you.

Have you considered reaching for the rewards after he does the behavior (mark then get treat) as opposed to before?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
FG167
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am/have been involved in Dock Jumping, Agility, Rally, Tracking, Flyball and Search and Rescue and Schutzhund :-)

Post by FG167 »

leih merigian wrote:Very nice! He is a beautiful dog and clearly loves working with you.

Have you considered reaching for the rewards after he does the behavior (mark then get treat) as opposed to before?
Thank you! He does :) He is our club's Mama's Boy!

I have alternated between rewards before, rewards after and toy vs treat rewards. He is very uncomfortable in the front position, particularly with the dumbbell so I started with the treats before to give him a place to focus his attention besides being uncomfortable. It seems to have done the job but now that you say that - I apparently have fallen into rewarding the exact same way for all of the other things I ask him to do :shock: LOL thanks for pointing that out - I need to start switching it up again!!
Beechtree
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I currently own a LH-DS dog in the USA, and would like to network with other DS owners

Post by Beechtree »

Hi Falon,
It seems that I've enrolled in a beginning dog class in Allendale where you've trained with Madix before. Raven is enrolled, but Ceska comes along for the ride and entertainment. :-)
FG167
Green Dog

Post by FG167 »

Beechtree wrote:Hi Falon,
It seems that I've enrolled in a beginning dog class in Allendale where you've trained with Madix before. Raven is enrolled, but Ceska comes along for the ride and entertainment. :-)
Oooo are you going to Sharron? She is great! I really like her a lot. I take all my dogs through her beginning classes. If you want to become extremely competitive in agility or something, she is not set up for that but as far as good, solid classes go - I've been very, very pleased. Had my leash reactive Lab, my SAR dog and my reactive Dutchie in there and she is willing to work with them all :)