Hey Eric!

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Hey Eric!

Post by leih merigian »

I just logged on and the screen told me I'd maxed out on attempts...this was at the first sign on, and I don't make mistakes (I know my name and password :lol: )

closed out the browser and repeated, same thing. Answered the question that was added...but am just wondering what's going on here?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Re: Hey Eric!

Post by Marjolein »

can be spammer crap, we've got it on the Dutch board to, time for an update Eric :dswink" :dssmile:
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Leih - honestly I don't know. I'll do some checking.

Marjolein - already at 3.0.8
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Leih,

There is the possibility that a bot or person has been trying to log in as you.

Looking through the support groups it is also possible that your browser is doing it to you. Have you told your browser to remember your username and password (i.e. automatically log you in)?

...still looking though....
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

that has happened to me twice, but i just close the window then re open it and its fine. Being in to web stuff to I just close and reopen windows and things tend to work again
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Good advice. I am out of state and had it happen to me today when I tried to log in. Hmmmmm....
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

icvanstra wrote:Leih,

That's what I meant :oops: language difficulties.... :oops: it is most likely a bot, that's what we experienced in our Dutch board.

It is adviseable to use a combination of letters and numbers in your password, and use at least 9 characters. That way bot's don't stand a chance :dsangry:
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

When I logged in with my test account on this board I had the same message.

I have found some posts on the support forums with complaints about this and the answer is generally something has "scraped" the website for user names and is trying to log in as the users....

An option is to lock the site down so tight that only registered users can read anything .. but that makes it a little difficult to have guests look at it and decide to join.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

icvanstra wrote:Leih,

Looking through the support groups it is also possible that your browser is doing it to you. Have you told your browser to remember your username and password (i.e. automatically log you in)?

...still looking though....
Nope...I never check the "remember me" box. I'm sorry others are having the same experience, but at the same time, glad it's not just me :mrgreen: .

So far, it was just that one time...

Thanks for looking into it.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...