New look for the forum

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.

Do you like the new look to the forum?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Yes
63%
No
No votes
meh
38%

Total votes: 8

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

New look for the forum

Post by icvanstra »

All,

After looking around at some other forums I found that the ones that have a narrower look to them seem to be easier to read.

Those of you who have small monitors may not notice the difference. Those of you with larger/wider monitors you will find that the viewable area is centered and is only 760 pixels wide now; instead of being the full width of the screen.

Let me know you think.

Plus I'll put up a poll as well...
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: New look for the forum

Post by Christie M »

For us lowly Engligh speaking Americans - what the hell is Meh??? Looks rather like something my cat says.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Christie M wrote:For us lowly Engligh speaking Americans - what the hell is Meh??? Looks rather like something my cat says.
Made popular by the Simpsons in the mid-90's..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meh
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

After futzing with the look and feel of the style/theme for the board I went looking for the style/theme used by the boards that I liked. ...found it.

Added the new style/theme this morning.

Board width is now 900 instead what I mentioned above.

Eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

All,

with the new style/theme the area used by smilies when replying was very long.

I have removed some from the main page (you can still get to them by clicking on "view more smilies") and rearranged some so that they fit together better.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

OOPS!

Made all my changes and forgot to test with a standard account...

I just moved this post from Announcements (which is restricted on replying) to the general discussion area.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Meh :dsrazz:

I like the new look, but I did prefer the broader version, now I have a tiny itsy bit of text in the middle, filling about half of my widescreen LCD... I did not pay all that money to have grey on the sides did I :dsroll: :dssmile:

right, seriously, you can have several themes and allow your members to choose, could be a good idea? (I didn't check if you already did that...will do NOW...)
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

ok, so you did not install more than one theme, since I cannot choose... It's real easy, just add the original silver pro and you will have two themes. :dswink"
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Marjolein,

Try again. ProSilver is still installed. I had the radio button chosen to not allow a choice. It has been set back to the "not override" option.

eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
MXCasey
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Veterinary student in Mexico City, my grfriend is a vet, we live with 2 Westies 1 Road Shepherd (male) and i Dutch shepherd (female): Koko van Neerland

Post by MXCasey »

Christie M wrote:For us lowly Engligh speaking Americans - what the hell is Meh??? Looks rather like something my cat says.
From Wikipedia:
"Meh" is an interjection, often used as an expression of apathy, indifference, or boredom.
Your cat just might be trying to tell you she doesn't really dig the new brand of kibble you took home from the supermarket :lol:

OT: Forum looks fine to me ;)

Kees
Dear visitors:
1). My dogs live here. You don't.
2). If you don't want their hair on your clothes, please steer clear of their furniture.
3). I love my dogs a lot more than I love most most people.
4). For you: pets. For me: my furry friends.
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

icvanstra wrote:Marjolein,

Try again. ProSilver is still installed. I had the radio button chosen to not allow a choice. It has been set back to the "not override" option.

eric
super, thanx! I'm starting to like the grey version to... I might switch fron time to time :dssmile:
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

soo here is how observant I am....

You changed it???? ( I do like the more smiley section though!!) :dsrazz:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Kristie - the look of the site changed quite a bit. The smilie section I actually stripped down a bunch. There are less of them shown now. The ones that are no longer viewable when you reply/write a message are still available when you click on "view more smilies." I did dump about a dozen of them....no one was using them...
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

MXCasey wrote:
From Wikipedia:
"Meh" is an interjection, often used as an expression of apathy, indifference, or boredom.
Your cat just might be trying to tell you she doesn't really dig the new brand of kibble you took home from the supermarket :lol:

OT: Forum looks fine to me ;)

Kees
I LOVE it. LOL. Too funny!! :lol: It seems you have met my cats.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Eric...I know it's a different topic, but I love the easier uploading of pictures. Now, I don't have to go thru the step of resizing on photobucket, and I like being able to click on the forum pic and see a larger view, etc.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...