To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

New option for posting images: Image

Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

Just registered? Read This.

Free dog! Gloating

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
TimL_168
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Free dog! Gloating

Post by TimL_168 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:59 pm

:D Monday afternoon, we managed to get a few minutes free for a short run at the local woods. I did what I normally do with my Shiloh shepherd (Aurora); I start off along the trail leashed, then unhook. Aurora's recall is 100%. As in she'll part ways with a doomed squirrel if I beckon. I've been working hard on En's focus, recall and placement relative to my body. I've never unleashed her before. I've let her drag her lead a handful of times with very good results. Monday was the real deal. I unleashed her after the first ¼ mile.The park was empty. I kept my eyes PEELED for wildlife, and got her attention on me before cresting any hills or taking any blind turns.
She performed perfectly. We didn't see a single critter, but the place is swamped with scent. The last little bit is a 150 yard decline through a cut field. I put her on a sit/stay on a picnic bench there and I ran about 100 yards down the hill, giving her her release silently as I kept going a few more steps.
MAN, IS SHE FAST!!!!!! :DSorange:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Re: Free dog! Gloating

Post by centrop67 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 pm

:wtg:
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:41 pm

sounds great !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:17 am

Tim, have you lay her off leash since that day over a year ago?
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG