Update

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Update

Post by Joxgirl »

As soon as I finished my night shift, hubby picked me up so we could be on our way to get Rogue. We arrived around 3:30. Got lots of info, signed paperwork, and got back in the car to drive home. We first had planned to stay the night in Santa Cruz, but I wanted to spend as much time at home with puppy before going back to work.
Tolerated the ride well. Only got sick three times. We were able to clean it up fast. Rogue slept most of the way. Arrived home late. Puppy got to tour the house and yard. We had some play time and then it was kennel time. She cried but typical puppy stuff. She woke a few times to go into the yard. Her kennel is next to our bed so getting her outside without an accident was easy.
Had a pretty good day. Rogue met our smaller dog tonight. He's not impressed, and a little grouchy, but he's that way 25% of the time. She loves the grass. Almost swims in it by dragging her body through the dew. She also licked the dew off the grass as she walks. It not long grass. It's short like the golf courses.
Tonight she started trying to jump up to the kitchen sink!!! Don't know what that was about. Picked her up and let her have a look around from my arms. There is energy there for sure.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Update

Post by centrop67 »

:DSlove:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dree_19
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Sporting a 3 pack on New England's coast.

Post by Dree_19 »

Joxgirl wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:34 am She loves the grass. Almost swims in it by dragging her body through the dew. She also licked the dew off the grass as she walks.
Sounds like my West. He LOVES the grass and does the same things Rogue does. Especially in the morning when its cool and dewy. We call him the Grass Master! Keep bringing her in the car for short rides and she'll get used to it quickly. West now loves car rides and settles instantly.
Last edited by Dree_19 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"West" (Vrijheid's Xtreme DOB 4/9/17)
"Easton" (DDR GSD DOB 5/18/17)
"Chase" (Yorkanian?)
RIP Rocco & Lia GSD
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Dree_19 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:37 pm
Joxgirl wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:34 am She loves the grass. Almost swims in it by dragging her body through the dew. She also licked the dew off the grass as she walks.
Sounds like my West. He LOVES the grass and does the same things Rogue does. Especially in the morning when its cool and dewy. We call him the Grass Master! Keep bringing her in the car for short rides and she'll get used to it quickly. West now loves car rides and settles instantly.
I love "Grass Master"
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

grass is like catnip to these dogs ha
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Duke wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 pm Image
Hee hee.

Our vet told us that until our pup has all her shots, we are to avoid wet grass. She said that disease from other animals can transfer to her. Other animals as in squirrels, rats rabbits and raccoons that have access to our yard. Our yard is fenced, but they make thier way into the yard on occasion for a far gen and citrus meal.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:26 am
Hee hee.

Our vet told us that until our pup has all her shots, we are to avoid wet grass. She said that disease from other animals can transfer to her.
Vetstreet wrote: "Leptospirosis is caused by a bacteria spread through soil, water, and the urine of infected animals, and if not caught early it can be deadly. There is a vaccine available for the most common subtypes of the bacteria that infect dogs, but it's not always a recommended part of the routine vaccination protocol."

Thanks for the heads up. he has all his shots, minus lepto which is the one that is found in the soil and grass according to the above quote:

also if you do a search on the forum about Leptospirosis vaccination you may find that some dogs have a terrible reaction to it, also it needs to be updated pretty frequently I believe. It sucks because I really don't want to vaccinate him with that.
Duke
Training Dog

Post by Duke »

furthermore, 'subtypes' there are sooo many subtypes, the odds of vaccinating the right one aren't even that great. I'd rather stay away from it. quite brutal stories I've heard
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

I don't like over using meds/ vaccines, abusing them or using them if I can avoid it.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG