When puppy bites

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Dree_19
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Sporting a 3 pack on New England's coast.

Re: When puppy bites

Post by Dree_19 »

just enough to redirect and give her something else to focus on. Maybe a minute- play a game of tug then you end the game with "enough" or "all done" and put the toy out of site. If she keeps acting out crate her. My dogs at this age 8 weeks and 13 weeks only get limited free house time. As long as they behave.
"West" (Vrijheid's Xtreme DOB 4/9/17)
"Easton" (DDR GSD DOB 5/18/17)
"Chase" (Yorkanian?)
RIP Rocco & Lia GSD
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Dree_19 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 pm just enough to redirect and give her something else to focus on. Maybe a minute- play a game of tug then you end the game with "enough" or "all done" and put the toy out of site. If she keeps acting out crate her. My dogs at this age 8 weeks and 13 weeks only get limited free house time. As long as they behave.
This is what I started this week. I have noticed that when she starts rough biting during play, that she needs to poo. So out we go. Thank you for taking the time to share your tip.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dree_19
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Sporting a 3 pack on New England's coast.

Post by Dree_19 »

No problem! Take as much advice as you can and see what works for you. That's what I've been doing for 18 years (and 6dogs later!) and have learned so much with the help of pros, and people willing to share what worked for them. Then working that into your daily routines for your lifestyle!
"West" (Vrijheid's Xtreme DOB 4/9/17)
"Easton" (DDR GSD DOB 5/18/17)
"Chase" (Yorkanian?)
RIP Rocco & Lia GSD