Energy

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Tennessee3
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Nicholas or Nick, doesn't matter to me.

Re: Energy

Post by Tennessee3 »

zxs107020 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:23 pm
TimL_168 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 pm It's pretty straight forward. There's a ton of info online. You're best off finding a local trainer that's certified or at least familiar. If you're looking for something to do with the dog, you can learn how to practice searches and compete against others.
Check out flyball, too. I've never done it, but it looks intense.
If you really have time, I second IPO!.
This post may not be well received, but I am completely done with trainers. More often than not, I think they are sell-outs and the same knowledge/training can be done individually (and for much, much cheaper) if you have both the time and energy.

As far as IPO is concerned, I found a club and we are going to go for a meet-and-greet on August 20th! Im quite excited, wish us luck. The downside is, its pretty far so even if all goes well- itll still only be once a week.

But I did do a little bit of research on the subject and I definitely think nosework will be our next endeavor. Hopefully itll suck some of the energy out her haha.
Talk to the other people in your IPO club, they'll help you find a trainer that isn't a over priced "sellout". Whatever that means.

Don't give up on trainers just yet, I didn't bother even looking at "pet trainers" (ohh look this lady got my widdle Charlie to sit when I tell him to, she's incredible!) I did a ton of research, scoured message boards till I found my trainer. She's been to GSD Worlds representing the US, answers my texts/ emails and will analyze videos of me training between sessions, works with us and talks for at least two hours every time even though I only pay for 1. All that for $80 a month (2 sessions @ 40 a pop), that's cheaper than my MMA gym membership. (Full disclosure it was a $100 a pop for the first 4 sessions, to make sure I was serious and get me financially invested.)

There's some incredible people out there, who really know their stuff, and they're doing it for the right reasons.

A major issue that you're over looking here is that the trainer is there to train YOU not the dog. You can't watch or listen to yourself while you're training, little things that you don't even realize you're doing (or not doing) are holding your dogs progress back. Books, the Internet, seminars, videos, none of that is a replacement for a coach. IPO is a sport, act accordingly.

Athletes need a coach to guide them, don't fool yourself into thinking you're the exception because of some bad experiences.
Last edited by Tennessee3 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

...... Mals are tan dutchies, right?

https://www.instagram.com/nick_millie_and_grendel/
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

zxs107020 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:28 pm
Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:30 pm IPO!!!!!
Im going to a club's training day on Aug. 20th... any suggestions on prep work we could do to be ready? I dont want to get rejected :( lol. This will be the second Schutzhund club I am trying to join. The first was with the dog trainers. They told me, "we are not currently accepting new members," and tried to convince me to stay away from the sport :oops: They also tried to convince me that instead of joining the club, I should just spend more money on their classes. To be fair, its not a real club anyway- the one were visiting on the 20th is a legitimate club registered with the United Schutzhund Clubs, etc.
That's common, this sport requires a lot of dedication and you're asking for them to spend time and energy training your dog.

If you're not willing to prove that you're dedicated and will be an asset to the club, they're probably not interested in having you.

Some people take this extremely seriously and there's big money on the line for them.

Don't get discouraged if you don't always receive the warmest of welcomes, they'll warm up to you over time.
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

zxs107020
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dallas, TX. I have owned two dutch shepherds. Both were/are service dogs. I hope to trial in competitive obedience/tracking with my current puppy.

Post by zxs107020 »

Tennessee3 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:16 pm
A major issue that you're over looking here is that the trainer is there to train YOU not the dog. You can't watch or listen to yourself while you're training, little things that you don't even realize you're doing (or not doing) are holding your dogs progress back. Books, the Internet, seminars, videos, none of that is a replacement for a coach. IPO is a sport, act accordingly.

Athletes need a coach to guide them, don't fool yourself into thinking you're the exception because of some bad experiences.
This is why Im hoping to join the team of the Schutzhund club, they have "coaches" who will hopefully see that Im serious, dedicated, and (perhaps) gifted- my hope is that is that it will be a really good experience for me and the dog. The other team that I tried to join was out of a local dog training facility. I think it was really just a members-only club for employees and helpers. I also think that they didnt want to help anyone, and actually actively discouraged me, because if other people titled dogs it would potentially detract from their business or reputation because it would mean that MAGICALLY people that were not "professionals" could still train and title dogs. I think the underlying motivations for their behavior were absolutely ridiculous. They told me that because my dog is a service dog, she wouldnt have the drive to be able to perform on the field- which I think is complete and total BS.

The world of IPO/Schutzhund is extremely small. The world of the DS is even smaller. You would think that this would mean "members" would embrace and welcome newcomers because it is a great opportunity to grow the sport and increase visibility.

I am an unemployed graduate student. I have spent thousands of dollars on procuring and taking care of my dog. The cold, hard reality is that I simply dont have the money or resources to go around "testing" trainers until I find the right one.

One thing you said piqued my curiosity. How is there big money involved in IPO/Schutzhund?
Aachen Cleopatra 2/15/17
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

zxs107020 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:07 pm
Tennessee3 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:16 pm

This is why Im hoping to join the team of the Schutzhund club, they have "coaches" who will hopefully see that Im serious, dedicated, and (perhaps) gifted- my hope is that is that it will be a really good experience for me and the dog. The other team that I tried to join was out of a local dog training facility. I think it was really just a members-only club for employees and helpers. I also think that they didnt want to help anyone, and actually actively discouraged me, because if other people titled dogs it would potentially detract from their business or reputation because it would mean that MAGICALLY people that were not "professionals" could still train and title dogs. I think the underlying motivations for their behavior were absolutely ridiculous. They told me that because my dog is a service dog, she wouldnt have the drive to be able to perform on the field- which I think is complete and total BS.

The world of IPO/Schutzhund is extremely small. The world of the DS is even smaller. You would think that this would mean "members" would embrace and welcome newcomers because it is a great opportunity to grow the sport and increase visibility.

I am an unemployed graduate student. I have spent thousands of dollars on procuring and taking care of my dog. The cold, hard reality is that I simply dont have the money or resources to go around "testing" trainers until I find the right one.

One thing you said piqued my curiosity. How is there big money involved in IPO/Schutzhund?
No I completely understand, I've run into the snobbish behavior and got treated like a leper because my pup wasn't from one of the big kennels around here. (We've got a couple outstanding GSD breeders either here in Nashville or within an hour or two). Some clubs are awesome people, some clubs/trainers act like if you don't have a military working dog (or one of their dogs :|) you can't do IPO. Which is quite frankly horse manure, if your dog is even somewhat driven and you'll put in the time you can get your IPO1 see:

I feel quite strongly though that club time isn't a replacement for one on one coaching, it's more about proofing behaviors (distractions of other dogs & activity, having people to heel around like is required on trial day, etc), working with the helper on bitework, and a communal assistance that would be difficult to set up on your own (the people to heel around, setting up the blinds, experienced people judging your performance in a positive way of course :D, and just general sharing of camaraderie tips tricks etc). But it's not really where you go for coaching on your foundation work, it's also not where you learn how to correctly perform corrections, with the critical timing necessary to make them effective but use the least force possible.

Here's a great book for you to read to reference for training strategies and learn more about the different elements and how they fit together https://www.amazon.com/Schutzhund-Obedi ... eila+booth. I think you'll see the differences I'm talking about here pretty quickly if you give it a read.

Anyways just my $0.02 on that, but I believe you'll find someone at the club whom you trust and respect and you won't need anymore convincing by some guy on the internet. Just keep an open mind & have fun is all I'm saying :wtg:

The money thing, well remember that alot of the serious competitors are involved with dogs financially as trainers and breeders. If they can take theirs or others dogs to high levels competitively they obtain prestige and tangible proof that their methods work, it's a gigantic marketing windfall if your dog wins or even places in national/international competitions. They can charge more for their seminars, books, training classes, board & trains, puppies, started dogs, their youtube videos and websites get more views, they can get invited by even more prestigious trainers to assist at their seminars. They can make back some of the money they put into the dog & his training through stud fees, they can sell the dog for a high price as a stud dog to another kennel. They can make contacts with others in the community and get opportunities they otherwise wouldn't have, i.e. Hey ZXS you know I'm a Mal guy but my buddy in Holland has got this Amazing Dutchie he's willing to sell for a good price, you interested? If they sell personal protection dogs, a fully trained PP dog from a proven kennel/program can go for as much as $50,000!

And even in situations where it's not about needing the money to live, they need it to keep doing what they love. The hobby ain't cheap and even with a well off spouse there's only so much money most people can sink into a hobby or side business without any financial return.
Nicholas

zxs107020
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dallas, TX. I have owned two dutch shepherds. Both were/are service dogs. I hope to trial in competitive obedience/tracking with my current puppy.

Post by zxs107020 »

Tennessee3 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 pm Here's a great book for you to read to reference for training strategies and learn more about the different elements and how they fit together https://www.amazon.com/Schutzhund-Obedi ... eila+booth. I think you'll see the differences I'm talking about here pretty quickly if you give it a read.

Anyways just my $0.02 on that, but I believe you'll find someone at the club whom you trust and respect and you won't need anymore convincing by some guy on the internet. Just keep an open mind & have fun is all I'm saying :wtg:

The money thing, well remember that alot of the serious competitors are involved with dogs financially as trainers and breeders. If they can take theirs or others dogs to high levels competitively they obtain prestige and tangible proof that their methods work, it's a gigantic marketing windfall if your dog wins or even places in national/international competitions. They can charge more for their seminars, books, training classes, board & trains, puppies, started dogs, their youtube videos and websites get more views, they can get invited by even more prestigious trainers to assist at their seminars. They can make back some of the money they put into the dog & his training through stud fees, they can sell the dog for a high price as a stud dog to another kennel. They can make contacts with others in the community and get opportunities they otherwise wouldn't have, i.e. Hey ZXS you know I'm a Mal guy but my buddy in Holland has got this Amazing Dutchie he's willing to sell for a good price, you interested? If they sell personal protection dogs, a fully trained PP dog from a proven kennel/program can go for as much as $50,000!

And even in situations where it's not about needing the money to live, they need it to keep doing what they love. The hobby ain't cheap and even with a well off spouse there's only so much money most people can sink into a hobby or side business without any financial return.
I own that book and have read it, definitely learned a lot of good pointers. Instead of two hoses, I use two balls- and I would have never thought of such a simple concept without reading the book. I have read many other textbooks and instructional books as well. As far as education goes, I think I am probably near the top. As far as experience is concerned, I am on my 2nd DS. What I lack is is exposure to competitive dog sports, which is where I readily admit that I will need help to have a chance.

As far as the money thing is concerned, I see what youre saying- but I think that those kinds of people should be avoided who use the competitive aspect of the sport as a mechanism for generating income. These are what I would call "opportunities to make a quick buck." My case and point would be the Schutzhund club that rejected me- because theyre elitist snobs who think that growing and developing the sport should take a back-burner to their schemes for generating revenue for the business. I thought you meant maybe there was big money in the form of sponsorships, prize money, etc...

Anyway, yea Im sure that maybe through networking and exposure Ill find a good trainer. Picking "at random" off the internet is kind of a crap shoot anyway- but the trainers I went to were literally the only ones within 45 minutes of my area that train IPO. The other reputable establishment had a breeder of Malinois strictly for pet purposes. Which I think is an absolute travesty.

Regardless of my personal opinions, they werent even really good trainers to begin with.

I think the most important underlying foundation that has to exist for success in this kind of activity has to be creating an unbreakable connection with your dog. No trainer can teach you how to do that. As far as the technical aspects are concerned, maybe the trainers help- but again, if youre a good student and do your research carefully, you can find most of the relevant information for free online or in textbooks like the one you mentioned.

Please understand, I am not ignorant- I do agree with you. I am just extremely jaded and cynical and dont have time, money to waste on continuing to deal with greedy people marketing themselves as dog trainers who probably know less about animals than I do to begin with.
Aachen Cleopatra 2/15/17
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

zxs107020 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 pm
Tennessee3 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 pm Here's a great book for you to read to reference for training strategies and learn more about the different elements and how they fit together https://www.amazon.com/Schutzhund-Obedi ... eila+booth. I think you'll see the differences I'm talking about here pretty quickly if you give it a read.

I own that book and have read it, definitely learned a lot of good pointers. Instead of two hoses, I use two balls- and I would have never thought of such a simple concept without reading the book. I have read many other textbooks and instructional books as well. As far as education goes, I think I am probably near the top. As far as experience is concerned, I am on my 2nd DS. What I lack is is exposure to competitive dog sports, which is where I readily admit that I will need help to have a chance.

As far as the money thing is concerned, I see what youre saying- but I think that those kinds of people should be avoided who use the competitive aspect of the sport as a mechanism for generating income. These are what I would call "opportunities to make a quick buck." My case and point would be the Schutzhund club that rejected me- because theyre elitist snobs who think that growing and developing the sport should take a back-burner to their schemes for generating revenue for the business. I thought you meant maybe there was big money in the form of sponsorships, prize money, etc...

Anyway, yea Im sure that maybe through networking and exposure Ill find a good trainer. Picking "at random" off the internet is kind of a crap shoot anyway- but the trainers I went to were literally the only ones within 45 minutes of my area that train IPO. The other reputable establishment had a breeder of Malinois strictly for pet purposes. Which I think is an absolute travesty.

Regardless of my personal opinions, they werent even really good trainers to begin with.

I think the most important underlying foundation that has to exist for success in this kind of activity has to be creating an unbreakable connection with your dog. No trainer can teach you how to do that. As far as the technical aspects are concerned, maybe the trainers help- but again, if youre a good student and do your research carefully, you can find most of the relevant information for free online or in textbooks like the one you mentioned.

Please understand, I am not ignorant- I do agree with you. I am just extremely jaded and cynical and dont have time, money to waste on continuing to deal with greedy people marketing themselves as dog trainers who probably know less about animals than I do to begin with.
Very cool!

Sounds like you've got things sorted out then, I'm looking forward to seeing your dogs progress and with your level of experience I get where you're coming from. I'm sure you could get a BH without ever setting foot in a Schutzhund club! Like I said just my $0.02 about the trainer aspect, I was lucky enough to get it right the first time.

I get where you're coming from on the money driven people, people like us with other full time responsibilities have one dog in training at a time we pour our heart and soul into to get them where we want. Spend the vast majority of our time we're not at work training and enjoying their company for their entire lives, care for them when they're old and broken down, it's a deep personal relationship without getting a single cent in return. Training a dog up to win a competition then selling it off and starting over, is a very different way to approach things. But guys like say Ivan Balabanov although they may be getting paid quite well for what they do, I can't fault them for being good and working hard to take care of themselves and their families at something they love to do. And they're putting out great instructions and dogs for the rest of us to enjoy.

I'm not quite sure where I stand on the issue :lol:

ETA I missed a couple things in your reply, I read too fast sometimes! Couldn't agree more if I wanted too!

Believe it or not, mine did. She has made a major point to stress the extreme importance of this, even told me to train LESS and play more. Taught me her preferred method of play for bonding and why, told me not to stack OB with a long tracking session as it was too much work and not enough fun. Told me in no uncertain terms not to use an ecollar yet as it was playing with fire and could easily damage my bond with my dog and her drives. (I asked for a specific scenario not general use but that's another story).

Long story short, I'm a big believer because I've seen just how awesome a good trainer can be and I'd like to see you find someone who can help you like mine's helped me, so you and your dog can reach yalls full potential. I didn't mean to talk down to you at all, even though I see now that's how some of what I said came across. I'm coming from a place of wishing the best for people involved in this sport and hoping the numbers keep growing so there will always be a place for true to standard working dogs, seeing another Shepherd breed get damaged like the GSD would break my heart. Sorry for screwing up the approach a bit on my replies, it was entirely unintentional!
Last edited by Tennessee3 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Tennessee3 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm Training a dog up to win a competition then selling it off and starting over, is a very different way to approach things. But guys like say Ivan Balabanov although they may be getting paid quite well for what they do, I can't fault them for being good and working hard to take care of themselves and their families at something they love to do. And they're putting out great instructions and dogs for the rest of us to enjoy.

it is hard to understand that concept when you have the animal as a family member. I had my own professional horse training facility, and when I was younger, I too thought, " how could I spend every waking hour with that horse to only sell it?" but when you are in business, you look at it different. Now, don't get me wrong, there are plenty out there who, for them, the animal is just an object. But for me, they weren't but I did take them knowing they would go to a wonderful home. I had many horses come and go. they were my family while I trained them and sold them to wonderful homes. So when looking at it from that view, I can understand how they raise and train dogs only to sell them. that is business.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
zxs107020
Green Dog

Post by zxs107020 »

Tennessee3 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm I get where you're coming from on the money driven people, people like us with other full time responsibilities have one dog in training at a time we pour our heart and soul into to get them where we want. Spend the vast majority of our time we're not at work training and enjoying their company for their entire lives, care for them when they're old and broken down, it's a deep personal relationship without getting a single cent in return. Training a dog up to win a competition then selling it off and starting over, is a very different way to approach things. But guys like say Ivan Balabanov although they may be getting paid quite well for what they do, I can't fault them for being good and working hard to take care of themselves and their families at something they love to do. And they're putting out great instructions and dogs for the rest of us to enjoy.

Dont get me wrong, people like Ivan Babalov have amazing dogs, and they have trained those dogs amazingly well. They have created successful businesses through hard work and proven track records- they are competition winners on both the national and international levels. I am sure their dogs are worth every penny. Your average trainer though is no Ivan Babalov or Mike Ritland. Just because your dog has a BH, or you simply competed in a few AKC events- does not mean you are qualified to instruct other people on how to raise their dogs. My problem is with the ones who simply decide to call themselves "dog trainers" and charge unsuspecting civilians exorbitant sums of money for faulty advice with little to no knowledge or understanding of how canines truly think and function (which I would say is probably at least 90% of those in the business).
Aachen Cleopatra 2/15/17
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

zxs107020 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 pm
Tennessee3 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm I get where you're coming from on the money driven people, people like us with other full time responsibilities have one dog in training at a time we pour our heart and soul into to get them where we want. Spend the vast majority of our time we're not at work training and enjoying their company for their entire lives, care for them when they're old and broken down, it's a deep personal relationship without getting a single cent in return. Training a dog up to win a competition then selling it off and starting over, is a very different way to approach things. But guys like say Ivan Balabanov although they may be getting paid quite well for what they do, I can't fault them for being good and working hard to take care of themselves and their families at something they love to do. And they're putting out great instructions and dogs for the rest of us to enjoy.

Dont get me wrong, people like Ivan Babalov have amazing dogs, and they have trained those dogs amazingly well. They have created successful businesses through hard work and proven track records- they are competition winners on both the national and international levels. I am sure their dogs are worth every penny. Your average trainer though is no Ivan Babalov or Mike Ritland. Just because your dog has a BH, or you simply competed in a few AKC events- does not mean you are qualified to instruct other people on how to raise their dogs. My problem is with the ones who simply decide to call themselves "dog trainers" and charge unsuspecting civilians exorbitant sums of money for faulty advice with little to no knowledge or understanding of how canines truly think and function (which I would say is probably at least 90% of those in the business).
We're on the same page then 100%, happy to share a beer with ya if you're ever out in Nashville competing :pint:.

Look at my edit please!
Nicholas

zxs107020
Green Dog

Post by zxs107020 »

Tennessee3 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:55 pm
We're on the same page then 100%, happy to share a beer with ya if you're ever out in Nashville competing :pint:.

Look at my edit please!
Absolutely. BTW, I tried to read the article in your other post but the link was broken.

One thing you mentioned about the trainer teaching you about the importance of play. I will say this, without a qualified trainer- I have had to learn certain things the long way or the hard way, because its not always necessarily intuitive. Luckily, my current dog is quite resilient and has been very forgiving as I learn how best to train her. Anyway, I read the same thing in Denise Frenzie's book entitled "Motivation" quite early and so I have been making sure to include at least an hour or two of just play each day to increase her drives and also create that all-important bond. Frenzie actually has another book entirely dedicated to "Play". I should probably read that one too, but right now Im on "Train the Dog in Front of You" as well as a textbook on K9 tracking and scent identification from the K9 behavioral series :S
Aachen Cleopatra 2/15/17
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

zxs107020 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:06 pm BTW, I tried to read the article in your other post but the link was broken.
I updated the post to embed the video. Enjoy
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
zxs107020
Green Dog

Post by zxs107020 »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:11 pm I updated the post to embed the video. Enjoy
Thank you! But I was referring to the post in "Training" referring to an article on "head-collars".
Aachen Cleopatra 2/15/17
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 pm
Tennessee3 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm Training a dog up to win a competition then selling it off and starting over, is a very different way to approach things. But guys like say Ivan Balabanov although they may be getting paid quite well for what they do, I can't fault them for being good and working hard to take care of themselves and their families at something they love to do. And they're putting out great instructions and dogs for the rest of us to enjoy.

it is hard to understand that concept when you have the animal as a family member. I had my own professional horse training facility, and when I was younger, I too thought, " how could I spend every waking hour with that horse to only sell it?" but when you are in business, you look at it different. Now, don't get me wrong, there are plenty out there who, for them, the animal is just an object. But for me, they weren't but I did take them knowing they would go to a wonderful home. I had many horses come and go. they were my family while I trained them and sold them to wonderful homes. So when looking at it from that view, I can understand how they raise and train dogs only to sell them. that is business.
Excellent points!
Nicholas

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

zxs107020 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 pm Thank you! But I was referring to the post in "Training" referring to an article on "head-collars".
...and now I've fixed that one as well. :D
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

zxs107020 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 pm
centrop67 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:11 pm I updated the post to embed the video. Enjoy
Thank you! But I was referring to the post in "Training" referring to an article on "head-collars".
http://www.nitrocanine.com/blog/2015/02 ... explained/

I was trying to embed the hotlink in the last words of the sentence. That messed it up. The above should work now.
Nicholas

Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:30 pm
zxs107020 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 pm Thank you! But I was referring to the post in "Training" referring to an article on "head-collars".
...and now I've fixed that one as well. :D
Thanks!

I was trying to embed the hotlink into the words of the sentence, it's something I'm used to from other forums. I'll remember not to do it here.
Nicholas

zxs107020
Green Dog

Post by zxs107020 »

Tennessee3 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:34 pm Thanks!

I was trying to embed the hotlink into the words of the sentence, it's something I'm used to from other forums. I'll remember not to do it here.
Yea, I ended up reading it by deleting the fluff out of the link. I should have looked more carefully the first time.

The article was good, and I definitely agree- the first time I saw my dog in that thing it made my heart sink. (Im not a soft guy lol) In our first class, towards the end the teacher even had the stupidity to comment, "oh look your puppy is pooped because our class is 50-minutes." While in my head I was thinking, no lady shes just bored and miserable. Sure enough, the second that thing came off- she was bouncing off the walls.

The funny thing is, the only reason I agreed to the head collar was because I was trying to join their Schutzhund club. In retrospect, I should probably be grateful that they were "not accepting new members".
Aachen Cleopatra 2/15/17
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

BTW - I've added a new thread about links in posts in the the forum FAQ.

You can read it here.
Michael
Tennessee3
Green Dog

Post by Tennessee3 »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:06 pm BTW - I've added a new thread about links in posts in the the forum FAQ.

You can read it here.
Got it now! Much appreciated!
Nicholas