Does your DS

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Does your DS

Post by Joxgirl »

Sleep in bed with you? I would allow it but my husband is opposed.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Does your DS

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I havent in a long time, mostly because they are so big they take up the whole bed. now Thalie is too old to get up anyway.l I am thinking of making stairs because the basset loves to snuggle . but sadie would jump all over and probably fall off.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
lindalew
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello, I've been lurking about this forum for a year now - can't believe my puppy just turned one!! I've gained all kinds of information and advice from you all, and am thankful for it. Dutchess is a sweetheart of a dog, and the insight I've gained from this forum has been most valuable!

Post by lindalew »

Nope, not that I'd mind, she just prefers to sleep alone. It's funny, I might fall asleep on the couch, and she's on the bed, but when I come into the bedroom, she leaves for the couch! Jerk.
Dree_19
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Sporting a 3 pack on New England's coast.

Post by Dree_19 »

Oh god help me no! I need my dog free peace at lest at night to recover from my days haha. Dogs in crate until 1.5 years by the front and back door keeping watch (or learning too!) Even when they are older I always like a dog by a door. Maybe I would allow one in my son's room ON FLOOR if the dog chose.
"West" (Vrijheid's Xtreme DOB 4/9/17)
"Easton" (DDR GSD DOB 5/18/17)
"Chase" (Yorkanian?)
RIP Rocco & Lia GSD
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

lindalew wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:33 pm Nope, not that I'd mind, she just prefers to sleep alone. It's funny, I might fall asleep on the couch, and she's on the bed, but when I come into the bedroom, she leaves for the couch! Jerk.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

lindalew wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:33 pm Nope, not that I'd mind, she just prefers to sleep alone. It's funny, I might fall asleep on the couch, and she's on the bed, but when I come into the bedroom, she leaves for the couch! Jerk.
:lol:
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Kapena (DS), Shorty (Senior Dachshund), and Ember (dsh cat)

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

I just showed Kapena your pic and said "this could be us if you weren't such a crack dog!!". He grumbled at it.

There is no way he would be still through a night, or sleep through a night and not have completely remodeled my house by the time I woke up. Even on the couch trying to get him to calm and lay next to me results in maniacle spinning and jumping on and off the couch and rolling upside-down​ and flailing. There's no way. Lol.

We got him his own bed. He much prefers to nap without humans being all clingy and annoying anyways. I would love to snuggle and cuddle and squeeze him but if I'm too snuggly on him he loudly complains. Lol
FB_IMG_1506864695365.jpg
FB_IMG_1506864695365.jpg (190.68 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
Proud Pack Mama of Shorty (Doxie, IVDD Senior), Ember (DSH Dilute calico once feral), and Kapena (DS puppers, snarky back talker extraordinaire)
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Our dogs are not allowed in the furniture..... if I had my way they would. I can cuddle with Rogue and I love it.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

An old picture of Tweek saying what’s furniture? Lol she heard something outside haha my dogs have free reign
Attachments
1C7E682F-67A1-4BF0-B16B-E175AFCCEBAC.jpeg
1C7E682F-67A1-4BF0-B16B-E175AFCCEBAC.jpeg (911.65 KiB) Viewed 3527 times
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Still love the name. Was it a name to live up to, or was he named in response to his personality?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

TimL_168 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:34 pm Still love the name. Was it a name to live up to, or was he named in response to his personality?
She was named cause she was nuts as a pup lol
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Lol. Awesome.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

We had to get a substitute bed for Rogue. Just ordered her one from K9Ballistic thanks to Easton and West’s parents suggestion. So in the meantime she got a cheapie one, Made in America at least, from Walmart. She wasn’t laying on it, so I made myself comfortable on it. Then she came over and cuddled right next to me. However I got her rump end in my face. I didnt care. We were comfy. It was 1 am and I was taking a break from writing my boring paper. My husband walked in and caught us. I was in the Ex-pen with Rogue. I’m glad he married me because it’s too late for him to run now.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve I love the picture of Tweek.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

DaHawaiianDS wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:33 pm

We got him his own bed. He much prefers to nap without humans being all clingy and annoying anyways. I would love to snuggle and cuddle and squeeze him but if I'm too snuggly on him he loudly complains. Lol
FB_IMG_1506864695365.jpg
He’s such a good looking guy.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

SEL wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:28 am My girl is funny about that. She'll only jump on the bed in the morning for a cuddle and to get petted. I think I must thrash around in my sleep too much or something lol! I don't care if she sleeps on the bed with me and I definitely feel safer with her sleeping on her dog bed right beside my bed. She does cuddle with me on the couch all the time though. She sometimes also sleeps on the bed during the day.
IMG_8099.JPG
IMG_7636.JPG
Sel, I would love to have my dog on the couch with me too. You are so lucky.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG