Yeah, I was bad..

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Kapena (DS), Shorty (Senior Dachshund), and Ember (dsh cat)

Yeah, I was bad..

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

But scratch my butt. Weirdest thing ever. The ultimate reward for Kapena more than toys or treats seems to be scratching his butt. He will be like:. I DID GOOD! SCRATCH MY BUTT! or I DID BAD THING BUT FORGIVE! scratch butt. Lol. Anyone else? Are we weird?
Proud Pack Mama of Shorty (Doxie, IVDD Senior), Ember (DSH Dilute calico once feral), and Kapena (DS puppers, snarky back talker extraordinaire)
Tennessee3
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Nicholas or Nick, doesn't matter to me.

Re: Yeah, I was bad..

Post by Tennessee3 »

You ever had your spouse scratch your back in that perfect spot that's really hard to reach?

Did it feel really good? Did you feel especially connected to that person in that moment?

Same sorta thing, not weird at all. I think it's pretty awesome that the best reward for your dog is physical contact (connection/approval) with you, his pack leader.
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

...... Mals are tan dutchies, right?

https://www.instagram.com/nick_millie_and_grendel/
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Scratch my butt !!!! my girls all love it
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Kapena (DS), Shorty (Senior Dachshund), and Ember (dsh cat)

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

Lol well good to know this isn't unusual. It just looks weird when he's like hooray!!! *Intentionally backs his butt into me*
Proud Pack Mama of Shorty (Doxie, IVDD Senior), Ember (DSH Dilute calico once feral), and Kapena (DS puppers, snarky back talker extraordinaire)