To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

New option for posting images: Image

Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

Just registered? Read This.

Meet My Sadie

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
t_vollmar
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello - My name is Tammy - I own what we think is a Dutch Shepherd and her name is Sadie and she is 2 years old and beautiful and our other dog is a little dog - her name is Bella - she is 5 years and is a Chihuahua mix (we think miniature pintcher). We love our dogs. I am a huge dog person. and want to no more about Sadie, our Dutch Shepherd.

Meet My Sadie

Post by t_vollmar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:00 am

Hello everyone - just joined this forum in hopes to gain knowledge of whether or not Sadie is really a dutch shepherd and getting feedback on getting the better DNA test to buy

Thank you

Tammy Vollmar
sadie_3.jpg
sadie_3.jpg (185.57 KiB) Viewed 308 times

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Re: Meet My Sadie

Post by centrop67 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:42 am

Welcome. I am not sure how much it matters if Sadie is a Dutch. She’s gorgeous.

How’d she arrive in your life?

Right now, I think Wisdom is the only DNA test with DS in it, but I think I read somewhere else that Embark will retest for free if they add DS to their breed lineup.

There’s a pretty informative thread in the Is My Canine a Dutch Shepherd section here on the forum.
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:57 pm

another Sadie !!! I have a Sadie, and the stories I have told on here !!! LOL. Can you get some more pictures of her standing ?
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage

t_vollmar
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello - My name is Tammy - I own what we think is a Dutch Shepherd and her name is Sadie and she is 2 years old and beautiful and our other dog is a little dog - her name is Bella - she is 5 years and is a Chihuahua mix (we think miniature pintcher). We love our dogs. I am a huge dog person. and want to no more about Sadie, our Dutch Shepherd.

Post by t_vollmar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm

Well - we kind of rescued her from my nephew which he got her as a puppy with his girlfriend from somewhere, not sure, anyway - they broke up and had her in the back of his truck one night - went out to his truck 3 hours later and came back in with this puppy - and we fell in love with her and he didn't have a place to keep her so we took her and she has just been the best dog since we got her - she loves to run and fetch and she sits really well. She knows her fetching toy as 'squirrel'.

Yes - I will get more pictures of her standing and Thank you - we just think she absolutely gorgeous - I really feel strongly that she is a DS but still not sure.

t_vollmar
Just Whelped

Post by t_vollmar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Here is a front shot and a close up shot - I want to post some photos of her starting out as a puppy - should I post them here or on the 'Photos' Feed?
closeup.JPG
closeup.JPG (630.87 KiB) Viewed 289 times
sitting.JPG
sitting.JPG (923.81 KiB) Viewed 289 times

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.

Post by Joxgirl » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:43 am

She's a beauty. I see a Dutch. At least some of her if not all Dutch.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

t_vollmar
Just Whelped

Post by t_vollmar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:47 pm

Thank you!