Rumor...????

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Rumor...????

Post by Joxgirl »

I was told bitches whine more. Is there truth to this? Rogue is vocal. She whines to tell me she doesn’t want to be left behind, wants to play, feed me, time to get up, potty break, and sometimes I don’t know. The other night she whined and whined. She was in her ex-pen, in the living room while we were in there. All her basic needs met. Had a treat and played. I was TRYING to nap 💤 I took her to her kennel
In our room. She went in and chirped and made all sorts of noise for 30 secs or more. I told her to plotz. She did and went to sleep. I think she was just tired and wanted her kennel. However she will sleep all night in her Ex-pen on occasion and sometimes to her choice. This is just one example.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Rumor...????

Post by centrop67 »

Radar is the most vocal dog I've ever been around, but never whines. Ever.

Leela (not a DS) is not very vocal, but she does whine on occasion. Does that confirm the rumor?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Maybe it’s the whining that they do. Just like a woman. Lol. Just Kidding.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Nah, lie. all lies. I have had females all my life and some are just more vocal than others. Thalie does not make a peep unless there is immenent danger and Sadie.............well, Sadie barks when some one farts.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

:lol:
Dutchringgirl wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:09 pm Nah, lie. all lies. I have had females all my life and some are just more vocal than others. Thalie does not make a peep unless there is immenent danger and Sadie.............well, Sadie barks when some one farts.
Lol!!!!!
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Post by Wes Thomas »

Karma NEVER makes a peep even when she bites someone lol.. not even a warning bark. Unless I give her the command to "speak" or if she's in her kennel and someone approaches me and she cannot get to me to protect me. She is the quietest dog I've ever seen.
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Wes Thomas wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:21 pm Karma NEVER makes a peep even when she bites someone lol.. not even a warning bark. Unless I give her the command to "speak" or if she's in her kennel and someone approaches me and she cannot get to me to protect me. She is the quietest dog I've ever seen.
That’s pretty cool.😍
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG