News about the site

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

News about the site

Post by centrop67 »

I've moved the announcement here, now that April Fool's Day has passed. I thank all the members who played along after viewing it.

Original Announcement:

I've spent a lot of time today debating on how to break this news to the members of the forum. I've had to ask myself over and over whether I should just come right out and say it, or if I should wait until the last possible minute before explaining the situation.

Earlier this month I was contacted about the site. A very large company that was interested in purchasing it from me. I had to think very hard about what this site means to me, to Radar, and of course to all the members of the forum. Without this site, I would probably be lost with Radar - something that's not good for either him or me.

I wouldn't have met some of the great people who have shared their time and experience. Some of them still with us, and some who never returned. People like LIsa (Dutchringgirl) who foiled my attempt at an April Fool's joke today by using her moderator skills to delete the Chihuahua Owners Club posts (I should have known you'd be on your game). She stuck with me from the beginning of taking over - and I didn't really start off with a bang.

Of course, she's not the only one, and I have reached out to most of you to show you my appreciation.

I have to tell you that I held out as long as I could with this company. Mainly, because I don't think you are all going to be happy about who it is. They just kept upping the offer until it got to a point where it was difficult for me to say no.

You can call me a sellout if you want. It wouldn't be a lie. It was just too difficult for me to say no anymore.

They didn't want me to post their name on the site yet, because they have some special branding they want to work out first. So, if you want to see who the company is, you'll have to click the link below. I just hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

https://i.imgur.com/aqFnXUz.jpg
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: News about the site

Post by Dutchringgirl »

*sniff* *Sniff* As sad as I am It is not for me to pass judgment. I am sorry though about foiling your april fools joke, It really did not occur to me :eek: I was still a bit under the weather so was not thinking.

I do hope the new digs will be as family feeling as this is. I really hate FB
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Announcement

Post by Joxgirl »

:DSlove: :ninja: :rambo: :horse:
Rogue and I protest this site being sold off! Did anyone else see what Michael wrote???? And the worse part is to who.... or is it whom? Unbelievable!!!!! He added a link, as if that makes it better. (Actually it did).
Would hate to see you give it up, but I totally get it.

And money is money. We all need heaps of it for these dogs.

I wanted to write a reply to his post, but I don’t think he wanted any comments there... so it’s a moderator only thing. :dsrazz: Well, Michael, you got me and I hope you get what your looking for.
The rest of you really need to go read his post to see what kind of pack leaders we have here. :wynar:
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Announcement

Post by TimL_168 »

I thought about writing my own post as a reply, but I was already drinking. Prob would have gone bad. The crazy thing is that a subsidiary of that same company approached me about purchasing some land I own. They said they needed to add a parcel to the tactical naval base in southwest North Dakota.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Re: Announcement

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:35 pm I thought about writing my own post as a reply, but I was already drinking. Prob would have gone bad. The crazy thing is that a subsidiary of that same company approached me about purchasing some land I own. They said they needed to add a parcel to the tactical naval base in southwest North Dakota.
:eek: :pint: :stickman:
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

I'd like to add that my original AFD prank was the Chihuahua Owners club hacking the site and demanding ransom or all the DS photos would be replaced by Chihuahua photos:

Of course, Dutchringgirl did her job and you probably never saw this. :lol:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

HA! AWESOME!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Hahaha. That’s funny.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG