Ecollar recommendations

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
bobbyblakem
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Living in Charlotte, NC I'm an attorney that works actively with Craft Breweries. In addition I'm an avid runner, training for my first Marathon. We just adopted Iris our half Dutch Shepherd half German Shepherd puppy on 01/17/18. She was born 11/19/17.

Ecollar recommendations

Post by bobbyblakem »

Does anyone have any recommendations on what Ecollar to buy?
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Ecollar recommendations

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I have always used Dogtra, but i know there are some other good ones out there
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Webbie2160
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have two dutchies one 2yr old female and a 12 week old Male. We are involved in several different dog sports and would love to find a PSA club in AZ

Post by Webbie2160 »

I love my educator, I have several from that company and love all of them
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

I'm a dealer for ecollar technologies... depends on what you are trying to do... if you are trying to stimulate the dog and create drive and correctness go with dogtra.. if yiu are trying to correct a behavior then go with the educator... different types of stim the educator is great for correcting behaviors where the dogtra is better for using to have correct behaviors and stimulate to build drive
Tennessee3
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Nicholas or Nick, doesn't matter to me.

Post by Tennessee3 »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:32 am I'm a dealer for ecollar technologies... depends on what you are trying to do... if you are trying to stimulate the dog and create drive and correctness go with dogtra.. if yiu are trying to correct a behavior then go with the educator... different types of stim the educator is great for correcting behaviors where the dogtra is better for using to have correct behaviors and stimulate to build drive
Steve can you expand on this more?

I'm not understanding at all and it's a big subject for me at the moment. Starting e-collar training in the next week or so when I have time to get back to my trainer. So I'd love to hear some of your knowledge on the subject.
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

...... Mals are tan dutchies, right?

https://www.instagram.com/nick_millie_and_grendel/
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

The stimulation is different... the ecollar tech collars are more for correcting behaviors and calming drive... while dogtra is made for for stimulating drive and correcting at the same time... so the question is are you using drive in your training or are you trying to use it to stop behaviors... I use the ecollar tech for my pet clients and dogtra for sport dogs... because of the type of stimulation.. ecollar tech is a blunt stimulation where dogtra is more of a sharp stim
Tennessee3
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Nicholas or Nick, doesn't matter to me.

Post by Tennessee3 »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:21 am The stimulation is different... the ecollar tech collars are more for correcting behaviors and calming drive... while dogtra is made for for stimulating drive and correcting at the same time... so the question is are you using drive in your training or are you trying to use it to stop behaviors... I use the ecollar tech for my pet clients and dogtra for sport dogs... because of the type of stimulation.. ecollar tech is a blunt stimulation where dogtra is more of a sharp stim
I'm following now, dull broad pain just plain sucks and you want it to stop. Sharp pain can increase adrenaline.

I've got a Dogtra, it'll be used for training mostly but also for off leash hikes & the like. Sounds like i choose right.

Thanks Steve! :D
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

...... Mals are tan dutchies, right?

https://www.instagram.com/nick_millie_and_grendel/