CAUTION DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

CAUTION DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Post by Joxgirl »

It’s crazy chaos when my husband comes home. Starts with the cheerleader, Maltipoo who starts the barking. (He still needs training) This results in the Lab and Rogue getting hyped up. (They need to be trained more.)
The Lab was alone inside and dashed to the door. (He needs to be trained.) Husband is trying to come inside with out being tackled. I get the Lab to follow me to the backyard and as I open the door the Maltipoo and Rogue make a dash to run inside. My fear is that my, still needs to be trained DS will run outside the front door. Sooooooooo as she is trying to get past me at the back foot, I stupidly think my thighs of steel (ha ha ha....not!) will hold my power house puppy. This only resulted in her having to squeeze through like toothpaste and me splitting my pelvis. I’m just sore and no real harm done. Self diagnosed so it’s exaggerated but this is a warning to all of you to not try is failure of a move.
Last edited by Joxgirl on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Re: CAUTION DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Post by Joxgirl »

:pint:
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Joxgirl wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:27 am Maltipoo who starts the barking. (He still needs training) This results in the Lab and Rogue getting hyped up. (They need to be trained more.)
The Lab was alone inside and dashed to the door. (He needs to be trained.)...
my, still needs to be trained DS will run outside the front door...
All I could think as I read this is that the humans need to be trained more. :lol:

It's the hardest thing for me to do, but when I get home, I have to completely ignore Radar and Leela until they are calm. I want to let them jump up on me, hug them, and just go crazy with them. Instead, I go directly to my wife, give her a big kiss, and then take the dogs out back for some play time. Radar and Leela try their hardest to get my attention, but I rarely relent.

It's worked out pretty good.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

:pint: :pint: :pint: :americo

Does hubby come home at the same time every night???
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:02 am
Joxgirl wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:27 am Maltipoo who starts the barking. (He still needs training) This results in the Lab and Rogue getting hyped up. (They need to be trained more.)
All I could think as I read this is that the humans need to be trained more. :lol:

It's the hardest thing for me to do, but when I get home, I have to completely ignore Radar and Leela until they are calm. I want to let them jump up on me, hug them, and just go crazy with them. Instead, I go directly to my wife, give her a big kiss, and then take the dogs out back for some play time. Radar and Leela try their hardest to get my attention, but I rarely relent.

This is a great idea. I the worst offender of greeting the dogs before anyone else.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am :pint: :pint: :pint: :americo

Does hubby come home at the same time every night???
No. Never. And sometimes I don’t see him come home unless it’s on video camera and I’m at work.
And we are rarely home together, so training them with the door and all is difficult.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

I did notice something:
When I come home when Rogue is indoors alone, in her ex-pen, she is calm when I come home.
I have heard her bark happy cries while I’m still outside so I believe she is happy I’m home.
It’s when my husband comes home that they all bat-ship crazy.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

centrop67 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:02 am

Oh we need lots of training. After this next schedule, I’m planning to schedule myself differently so I can be awake more days in a row during the day for training Rogue.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

Joxgirl wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:11 pm I did notice something:
When I come home when Rogue is indoors alone, in her ex-pen, she is calm when I come home.
I have heard her bark happy cries while I’m still outside so I believe she is happy I’m home.

Same here! The boys are fine when I come home, but for my husband they go crazy. Not going to lie, it sometimes makes me feel like they love him more even though I do the feeding, training, and activities lol
Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

oddbird wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:18 am

Same here! The boys are fine when I come home, but for my husband they go crazy. Not going to lie, it sometimes makes me feel like they love him more even though I do the feeding, training, and activities lol
I had that same thought. Just chalking it to the fact that Rogue is more at peace with me.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

its the different energy.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:14 am

Funny enough, hubs is the more calm one (in my opinion in terms of energy) :lol: They must pick up on all the excitement of his day
Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

oddbird wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:47 am
Dutchringgirl wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:14 am

Funny enough, hubs is the more calm one (in my opinion in terms of energy) :lol: They must pick up on all the excitement of his day

Same here. But I think it’s because maybe he’s not in a rush to give love so she’s getting his attention first for it. Me I’m all mushy and lovey ( though I keep my excitement low).
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG