New addition

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
GypsyTheDS
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Me n my girls, Gypsy and Nala, live in Georgia. Gypsy was found as a neglected and abused stray. A Dutch Shepherd mix. She is now healthy and happy as part of our family. Nala came to us from a Craigslist ad at a year old. A tall and lanky German Shepherd/lab mix.

New addition

Post by GypsyTheDS »

Well, we are trying to add a new addition in our happy little family. She is a 1 yr old GSD/lab mix. Beautiful all black with shepherd look and floppy ears. Lol. Gypsy is having a hard time but we are gradually getting them used to each other. She is already 80% better than when they first met. I believe the issue is more of the female/female than another dog. But she's making me know this is doable. Just alot of 🐌 slow work. :) Here is our new girl, Nala.
Attachments
Nala
Nala
20180427_072003.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1975 times
Aimee, Gypsy (DS) & Nala (GSD/lab)
GypsyTheDS
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Me n my girls, Gypsy and Nala, live in Georgia. Gypsy was found as a neglected and abused stray. A Dutch Shepherd mix. She is now healthy and happy as part of our family. Nala came to us from a Craigslist ad at a year old. A tall and lanky German Shepherd/lab mix.

Re: New addition

Post by GypsyTheDS »

It will only let me do one picture at a time. :(
Attachments
Lanky Girl
Lanky Girl
20180427_071939.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 1972 times
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

What a beauty!!!
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh she is beautiful ! Congratulations. I have two girls and no problem, it may be more personality than girl / girl. You just stay on top of them and it should be fine.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
GypsyTheDS
Puppy

Post by GypsyTheDS »

Yes it is the personality. Nala was loose this morning getting a bit of exercise in while Gypsy was tethered. They got a bit over excited and started a little fight. If they get in a bit rough I just need to raise my voice with Gypsy and she will stop long enough for me to hold her attention. This morning was the first time that Nala actually fought back. Lol. But she wasn't too into it as it only needed my foot to keep her away. I feel bad for them to have to be separated and tethered apart all the time, but with time they will be able to have free range of the yard and home. Nala is going to be a big girl once she gets weight on her. She has LONG legs as well as some big feet. I can't believe the people that have 2 dogs and post to get rid of one because they are moving. They had a cute little puppy in the car when they brought Nala to me. But they said they were moving and not able to take her. If they didn't find her a home in the next couple of days she was going to the shelter. I believe I came across her on the last night in the house. She's a great dog. Sweet. Not a mean bone in her. She listens well. SMART as a whip. I'm happy with her. Just frustrated wanting them to play nice like NOW. Lol. It'll come with time and patience(which I'm not having) :axe:
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

If it makes you feel any better, it has taken my older boy (small dog) quite some time to adjust to the new pup. However, if any other dog messes with his much larger than him little brother, he is first to jump in and try to end it lol. We have now had our DS pup for almost 3 months. I still don’t leave them alone together though. One time it happened only because the DS figured out how to escape from his crate :DSangel: The older one has free reign of the house.

I am sure they will adjust! Just may not be as quickly as you’d like :)
Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together
GypsyTheDS
Puppy

Post by GypsyTheDS »

Yes it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one with a . . . bitch. Lol. They are getting better every day. They have a little "arguement" every once in a while but just need to distract Gypsy for it to stop. She's one that would fight dirty but it's a major plus that i just need to say her name to get her to stop. Nala is now able to sleep in the bedroom. Haha. Gypsy wasn't having it before. But now its a go. Whenever i need to run errands without them i make sure to separate them. Otherwise i will either come home to a major fight or them conspiring on what kind of trouble to get into together. But all is good and not so tense in our house anymore.
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

Glad to hear things are looking up!
GypsyTheDS
Puppy

Post by GypsyTheDS »

Gypsy & Nala
Gypsy & Nala
20180501_183013.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1918 times
GypsyTheDS
Puppy

Post by GypsyTheDS »

The end of a long tiring day.
Gypsy & Nala
Gypsy & Nala
20180501_183605.jpg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 1917 times
oddbird
Green Dog

Post by oddbird »

:DSlove:

Ohhhh they look like peas in a pod already!