Power is back

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Power is back

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hey ! Last Tuesday a tornado came through Ct, a few touchdowns. My property was fine but many neighbors got hit bad. Its very wooded here and there are now pockets of no trees. I just got internet back this morning.

Sunday was a scarey day. Thalie (16) had a seizure. She is okay now. We went outside and we were not out for long when I saw her laying in the grass. She does not lay down anymore unless its for napping because of her arthritis, she would rather stand or walk. I went over to her and she was shaking and tongue out and salivating. I called her name but no response, I tried to get her up, but she wasn't moving. I threw the other two in the house and got Thalie in my truck and hightailed it to the Emergency vet not far from me. She stayed over night for observation and was put on anti seizure meds. She came home yesterday morning and seems in great spirits.

We do not know what triggered it other than old age. SHe didnt get into anything and I do not use any chemicals in my yards. Her blood panel came back excellent for an old lady, her brain functions are spot on.

She actually seems brighter on the meds. We go for a follow up with my vet next week.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Power is back

Post by TimL_168 »

I wish her the best!
Glad to hear you're alright.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thanks Tim !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

Glad you guys are ok and that Thalie seems to be on the mend! 💗
Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together