Loose dogs

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Loose dogs

Post by TimL_168 »

:thunder:
There are at least two (possibly three) American bulldogs that have repeatedly "gotten loose" from their home a couple streets over. I've had knocks on my door in the past few months from people that know I have two dogs, and wanted to know if the strays were mine (En savagely sounding off apparently doesn't giveaway that there's a dog in the house). I had never seen them on my property. I have no fence on three sides of my place, so I had wondered if just the scents of my two dogs was keeping the strays at bay.
Well, the answer turns out to be no. While I had my hands buried in the engine bay of my girlfriend's car, one of them popped up in the yard without me being aware. I had the screen door propped open (no filth on the door handle) with En on a Sit/Stay right at the door. I only became aware of the bulldog after I saw Endeavor LAUNCH from the porch straight through the obstacle course of tools, parts, picnic table, tree, sistern... I've been training in judo and jujitsu for about a year now. I'm confident En is already a brown belt. She hit that dog right behind the ear, curled herself around him, and rolled him down and over. By this time, I was roaring NO OUT OUT OUT OUT NO GET IN THE HOUSE GET IN THE HOUSE!!!! En backed right off, swung around to stay between me and the dog and begrudgingly BACKED her way all the way back to the porch door. There was no blood. Endeavor's language was totally dominant, but her face was loose. Could have gone either way. Scary as all hell. I didn't know where the other dog was, and I know they've both attacked smaller dogs and killed cats.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Loose dogs

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Call the dog warden and get that stray out of there.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

I did. The dog turned up in my yard two more times within a couple hours after that. Finally, it got into a neighbor's yard where we were about to close it in and wait for the guy to come out. The neighbors know the owner. Apparently the guy doesn't see anything wrong with letting his dogs roam around and attack other dogs. From what I heard, the guy will get his dog back. It hasn't actually gotten ahold of a registered dog, but has run up and corned two people with small dogs. They were able to retreat. The couple cats that they've killed were feral, so no reports.
I used to let my 6 year old play out back as long as Aurora was out there with him. Eff that. Now he's not allowed out without En and a leash.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

thats crazy !!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

We had a similar situation last week with a husky that lives across the street. I came home from work and the dog followed me around and wouldn't leave my side. The problem was that I had no idea who's dog it was.

I couldn't get in the house because, when I opened the door Radar and Leela would have pounced. Luckily, my wife came home around the same time, so she went inside to get a leash while I distracted the dog. We walked all over the neighborhood looking for an owner. The dog is absolutely gorgeous with stunning ice colored eyes. It was well fed and trained.

I ended up calling animal services, because the dog literally would not leave. My next door neighbor took over knowing I couldn't have the dog with Radar and Leela. We posted on social media as well.

My neighbor called me a couple of hours later to say she found the owner - the woman who lives across the street. It's a good thing animal services has such slow response - at least in this case.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

American Bulldogs can be very dangerous when it comes to animalaggression! That's scary! I have a chihuahua that used to come over every damn day! I'd take him home and tell the owners please dont let him get out my dogs will kill him! And ever day there he was to the point when he saw me he'd come over to get picked up! Let's just say he went missing and found a new home through the rescue I work for!