Stressed.

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Stressed.

Post by Joxgirl »

I am making this brief due time constraints. We are in Utah for a few days. Whenever we come here my husbands friends ask to come stay with us. To them it’s a resort. This is not a vacation home. I still have school to do and it’s a welcome break from life and work in Cali.
This time my husband invited his co-worker who was a K9 handler. I like the guy in small doses. He’s loud, sarcastic and a take charge type. What is stressing me is the fact that my husband is alright with this guy giving me pointers. Ok. I’m always ready to hear what some else wants to offer. However, I know this guy and he’s the type that will start giving commands to my girl. I told my husband that that is not welcomed. He knows how protective I am about Rogue.
Rogue needs a lot of training. I have been lackkng due to finishing up of my schooling for my bachelors. I promise that we will go forth with a trainer as soon as this shit is over. Having said that, Rogue being what she is, will bark and be protective of me. I’ve read in this forum how to introduce your dog to others coming to your home and we still have a braking DS especially of the children.
I’m basically venting but feel free to say whatever is on your mind.
This wasn’t brief. I lied. So sorry.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Re: Stressed.

Post by Joxgirl »

And Steve, if you get this, text me. You are hard to get a hold of via text.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Stressed.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

It sounds a bit like a human issue as well. Rogue is your dog, if you do not want anyone else giving her commands and working with her, then say so and be firm. If you want him to give you pointers and you want to hear what he has to say, thats fine too, but then listen, say thank you and then thats it. You can run them by Steve and see what he thinks, but you make the rules with her, no one else. If you want to go to the house and relax then you need to be firm to your husband that you have work to do and do not want visitors.

It can be more of a problem with too many cooks in the pot.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage