Unlikes ???

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Unlikes ???

Post by centrop67 »

As you know, I started the Facebook page for this site as a means to attract attention to the site.

It provides a quick and free way to get that attention.

One surprising aspect of the experiment is that I get 1-2 unlikes a week. I am not sure what that means.

Typically, I'll unlike a page on Facebook for one of three reasons:
1. The discussion is irrelevant or annoying.
2. My timeline is overwhelmed by the posts from that page.
3. I accidentally liked it in the first place.

To the members of the site - why would you unlike a page? Do you have any thoughts on why someone would unlike the DSF page specifically?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
trapulica
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I'm from Croatia, after 2x German shepherd and Bernese Mountain Dog. Now I'm owner of Dutch Shepherd. My dog ''ZIP'' is born on 23 August 2016

Re: Unlikes ???

Post by trapulica »

I want to say DSF page is 3x better than FB.

Fb is only promotion , but not to learn too much or to find some good advice.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

My though is that they think there will be more activity on the FB page and when there is not, they unlike
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:43 pm ...there will be more activity on the FB page and when there is not, they unlike.
That's one idea I didn't think of. Thanks Lisa.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

I don’t have Facebook anymore. I cancelled my account because I don’t like it anymore and it’s weird to see things that you talked about with someone on the phone now showing up as ads in your news feed. Anyways, I got rid of my account before finding the DS page but I can imagine that if I had not that would probably cause an “unlike” of the page. Maybe more people are cancelling their fb pages as well? Only other thing I can think of is they may have joined thinking they wanted a DS but after being told all the responsibility it requires they decided not to and unliked?
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

borellar15 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm they may have joined thinking they wanted a DS but after being told all the responsibility it requires they decided not to and unliked?
:wtg: Another good one.
Michael
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

I don’t get on FB much anymore. I personally rather come here because it seems way more personal and sincere. FB doesn’t give me that impression. I feel like FB is more like “ look at me” “see me doing, eating, getting this.. etc. I don’t think that unlikes are much of a value tool if not followed up with a reason. Some people are just jerks and will thumbs down anything.
Look at the value of this forum for confirmation on what is good and what works. FB unlikes could be random.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG