Choking

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Choking

Post by Joxgirl »

Laughing at something funny while chewing can make a person choke. That person was me. Rogue was in her pen happily chewing on a toy. I informed my family around the table that I was choking by my last words “choking” before I went into a coughing fit. Husband moved to start Heimlich Maneuver but could tell I wasn’t at that point yet. I noticed that Rogue stopped chewing and was watching me. She began to freak out. The other two dogs didn’t give a 💩 I was able to clear my throat on my own. What I wanted to brag about is that deep concern I found in Rogue. Awwww she loves me.
Last edited by Joxgirl on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Choking

Post by TimL_168 »

:DSlove:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Well I’m glad you didn’t choke! But yea they do seem to show more concern in they’re owners. When I cough or sneeze Zoey drops whatever she’s chewing on and looks at me like wtf is wrong with my human?
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

:DSlove:
borellar15 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:40 pm Well I’m glad you didn’t choke! But yea they do seem to show more concern in they’re owners. When I cough or sneeze Zoey drops whatever she’s chewing on and looks at me like wtf is wrong with my human?
That is the best feeling to know that they care.... at least some of the time. Usually it’s all about them. I guess we set it up that way so they are not to blame.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Joxgirl wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:44 pm That is the best feeling to know that they care.... at least some of the time.
I also just read that just like how they look to us while they pee or poop is because they feel vulnerable and they’re making sure we are there to watch out for them and that this is the reason why they follow US into the bathroom when we go too, so they can watch our backs while we go....cute.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Rogue looks at me when she takes her brake
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

I've never had a dog look at me while they crap. To be fair though, En's prey drive is so high that she'll chase a squirrel mid-dump and keep in pinching a loaf while she's sprinting away.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

TimL_168 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:49 am I've never had a dog look at me while they crap. To be fair though, En's prey drive is so high that she'll chase a squirrel mid-dump and keep in pinching a loaf while she's sprinting away.
:lol:
Thankfully that is not Rogue. We have a dog who walks and poops. ( in our yard) it’s annoying to me to have to walk all over to pick it up. Maybe I’m lazy but I rather it be in one neat pile.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG