Your dutchie's favourite toy

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
dachslys
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Norwegian

Your dutchie's favourite toy

Post by dachslys »

It's 1 and a half years until I get my puppy. The wait is killing me, but Ive started to buy a few things. I think buying toys is so exciting, ad so far Ive bought kongs with ropes, a gappay ball and a few other things.

What is your dutchies favourite (kind of) toy?

If you have any other recomendations of toys or other equipment, feel free to recommend! :DScool:
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: Your dutchie's favourite toy

Post by borellar15 »

Well Zoeys favorite toy is basically anything she can play tug with me with. She’s got several ropes and constantly brings them to my lap and wants me to tug of war with her. Other than that she will play with her self with a ball. She drops it and kicks it chases after it. Just don’t do tennis balls with the fuzz on them it will file down their teeth if they go to chewing on them.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Bramble likes to carry around and play fetch with her Kylo Ren rope toy, but likes to chew any kind of soft stuffed toy. When she isn't busy re-designing the rugs to her satisfaction.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Post by Wes Thomas »

Karma loves any type of kong ball or really any type of ball. But like Alex said do not do tennis balls. They do love them although karma will usually have one popped within five minutes, but they wear the enamel off their teeth and obviously cause problem.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sadie loves to chew on cookie.. our basset.. I have a tug around here somewhere though that she loves to play tug of war with. If she cant find that, it anything she can grab.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

How come I didn’t kniw about Fuzzy balls???? Darn it. Rogue loves them and tears the fuzz off. Guess who got a stocking full of them. ☹️
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

At the minute wood that I use for my open fire, various bits of rope and balls. I dread to think how much money has been spent on toys and they all get destroyed very quickly. Jay
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Jay knowles wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:37 am At the minute wood that I use for my open fire
I’d be careful about letting them chew on sticks or wood pieces. I know they like them and mostly just rip them up but if they swallow them it can cause a bowel obstruction.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

In order of preference by Radar:

Virtually Indestructible (Hard) Best Ball for Dogs 10 inch

Firehose Bite Suit Tug

Bite Pillow

Red Kong Ball w/Hole

Red Kong Ball without Hole (Can't find these anymore)
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Jay knowles
Training Dog

Post by Jay knowles »

borellar15 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:38 pm
Jay knowles wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:37 am At the minute wood that I use for my open fire
I’d be careful about letting them chew on sticks or wood pieces. I know they like them and mostly just rip them up but if they swallow them it can cause a bowel obstruction.
Thanks for the heads up,we do take it away from her as soon as we see her chewing it. She appears to only chew and spit it out. Hopefully soon she will grow out of this chewing stage,regards Jay
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Jay knowles wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:20 am
borellar15 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:38 pm
Thanks for the heads up,we do take it away from her as soon as we see her chewing it. She appears to only chew and spit it out. Hopefully soon she will grow out of this chewing stage,regards Jay

I bet you have already checked the the wood hasn’t been treated with pesticides and whatever. I’m late to the convo. Sorry.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Jay knowles
Training Dog

Post by Jay knowles »

It’s just normal wood sourced from local trees and supplier, oak mainly so I doubt much in the way of pestersides. Jay
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Got it.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Jay knowles
Training Dog

Post by Jay knowles »

No worries thanks for the heads up. Jay