New England area DS breeders and/or enthusiasts

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Calalilly03242
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Good Morning! I am excited to learn more about the DS before I decide if it is the right breed for me. I have been researching for about a year, since i ran across a female about a year ago and helped her adoptive owners with her basic and advanced obedience and exercise. I spent 6 years on a farm with GSDs and Belgian Malinois that were mainly trained as working dogs and I helped mostly with the puppys since I was begining my venture into dog training. My fiance passed a few years back and I gave up training for a bit. Now Im ready to have a dog of my own that I can personally have some fun with along with, and try a bit of everything for the experience. I figured this would be a great foot in the door to get to know the breed a bit better than just one experience with one rescue dog, and get in touch with the breeders in the circle.

New England area DS breeders and/or enthusiasts

Post by Calalilly03242 »

Hello Everyone,

Im looking for people in the DS circuit near me, so I can get more involved with the breed and the people that love them. Any suggestions?
Dedicated to helping animals with their people problems πŸ˜‰
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: New England area DS breeders and/or enthusiasts

Post by Dutchringgirl »

steve is in long island
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Calalilly03242
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Good Morning! I am excited to learn more about the DS before I decide if it is the right breed for me. I have been researching for about a year, since i ran across a female about a year ago and helped her adoptive owners with her basic and advanced obedience and exercise. I spent 6 years on a farm with GSDs and Belgian Malinois that were mainly trained as working dogs and I helped mostly with the puppys since I was begining my venture into dog training. My fiance passed a few years back and I gave up training for a bit. Now Im ready to have a dog of my own that I can personally have some fun with along with, and try a bit of everything for the experience. I figured this would be a great foot in the door to get to know the breed a bit better than just one experience with one rescue dog, and get in touch with the breeders in the circle.

Post by Calalilly03242 »

Oh boy...i hope he isn't the only close DS enthusiast. I have a lot more driving than expected ahead of me if so πŸ˜‚
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

where are you located? I am in Ct.
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Please put a signature on your profile so when you post, we can see where you are and a little about you.
ImageImage
Calalilly03242
Just Whelped

Post by Calalilly03242 »

Im in Massachusetts.
Calalilly03242
Just Whelped

Post by Calalilly03242 »

Im not too far from the Mass/CT border.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Cool ! I have been out of training now for 8 years So I do not know anyone anymore. I got Sadie 8 years ago to train but she has double HD so I could not do anything. I did search back then though and did not come up with anything. But maybe now there are some around? What do you want to do ? Or just find more crazies like us?
ImageImage
Calalilly03242
Just Whelped

Post by Calalilly03242 »

I have been out of the circuit for about 4 years and I never knew any dutch shepherd people. It was mostly GSD breeders.

Poor puppy. That must have been hard to hear for you both. Do you think you will get back into it?

I would like to start off in a schutzhund club somewhere and go from there. I havent gotten the chance to compete and title a dog. So one thing at a time, with schutzhund as the starting point.

Sorry for the delayed response.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I did Ring Sport for many years with my other DS Thalie who is now passed. Sadie is 9 now so nothing for her but playing with my basset hound. She is okay. She does know her limitations and stops when it hurts. I would love to get back into it but probably for the next few years I will have my hounds.
ImageImage
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Dutchringgirl wrote: ↑Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:35 pm I did Ring Sport for many years with my other DS Thalie who is now passed. Sadie is 9 now so nothing for her but playing with my basset hound. She is okay. She does know her limitations and stops when it hurts. I would love to get back into it but probably for the next few years I will have my hounds.
Bring your butt down here!
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Calalilly03242 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:51 am I have been out of the circuit for about 4 years and I never knew any dutch shepherd people. It was mostly GSD breeders.

Poor puppy. That must have been hard to hear for you both. Do you think you will get back into it?

I would like to start off in a schutzhund club somewhere and go from there. I havent gotten the chance to compete and title a dog. So one thing at a time, with schutzhund as the starting point.

Sorry for the delayed response.
Theres a few awesome IPO clubs in mass