First season behaviour change

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

First season behaviour change

Post by Jay knowles »

Pepsi has started her first season probably a week in to it. She seems even more aggressive than normal. What have other peoples experiences please. Thanks Jay
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: First season behaviour change

Post by Tim91118 »

Any behavioral issue will keep intensifying if not addressed, regardless of age. I’d get a handle on this now and make it a top priority.
Tim
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

My hybrid would become more territorial. She also wouldn't let any male dog get behind her.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

Tim91118 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:53 pm Any behavioral issue will keep intensifying if not addressed, regardless of age. I’d get a handle on this now and make it a top priority.
We are getting to grips with her behaviour which is getting better. She is very territorial which I guess is to be expected. If I invite people in she is excited but ok with them and does settle. Outdoors when walking on a lead she likes people to keep there distance and watches them. She used to bark etc at anyone but now is tending to watch and is getting more accepting of there presence. Off the lead in the park etc she is not that bothered by people or dogs. She just nicks balls off dogs. She is improving month by month I just hope she keeps getting better and more trusting of people. Jay
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Rogue has had three seasons now. She has a slight aggressive attitude but so do I when I don’t feel well. Her aggression isn’t an issue for us. She doesn’t act like she wants to kill anyone. She was just a bit irritable. Towards the end of her second week she’s good.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG