please help is needed see picture

Have a photo you want to share?
onlymee11
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: i have 2 rescue dogs both found by us on the street and i am just trying to find out if my female dog is a dutch shepherd as someone told me she looks like one but i need to ask people that would know

please help is needed see picture

Post by onlymee11 »

hi everyone

please i need some help i found my beautiful pup in a feild hardly any fur bad fleas lots of blood from where something had attacted her she was around 4 months old and i am trying to find out if she is a dutch shepherd or one mixed with something someone said she looks like one she is now 1 yr 7 months and is the best dog anyone could ask for very loyal protective playfull and so funny her facial expressions are so intelegent its as if she is a human in a dogs body lol i just would like to find out alothough i do not mind because i love her all the same

i have more photos if needed

vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: please help is needed see picture

Post by vneerland »

Thank you for saving a life! :wtg:
What a sweet looking dog you've got. I certainly see some kind of shepherd in her, no doubt.
With the white markings on chest and feet, I would guess there is a dash of bulldog in there, and due to the size of the ears, my other guess would be German Shepherd. Though I have seen some KNPV Dutch shepherds with very large ears too. I cannot tell from the pictures how big she is, but my guess is shepherd x bulldog (pit or something similar that comes in brindle has a lot of white) She is put together nicely and if it is a mix, it came out with a body that would really fit a Dutch Shepherd. I also love that sad expression of your girl. Makes you want to give her a big hug. 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

What a sweetie!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

She doesn't look that different from my Doerak. He was sold to me as a "Malinois". But he definitely had some brindle in his coat at certain stages of shedding. So, I called him a German Shepherd x Dutch Shepherd.

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

What a sweet dog!! SO glad you saved her !!!!! Those are HUGE ears !! Better to hear you with (when she feels like it).

Her eyes and face look Shepherdy
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

She is very pretty :)
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Susannah
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 29 year old nurse. 2 year old dutch shepherd at home and iguana.

Post by Susannah »

Pretty but mixed. I see gsd and other breeds, greyhound? In it but no ds. U could buy the test and check it out
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Susannah wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:09 pm Pretty but mixed. I see gsd and other breeds, greyhound? In it but no ds. U could buy the test and check it out
Why do people suggest greyhound so often for a dutch/gsd/ mal? I’m just curious. No offense or anything but I’ve heard so many people ask that and I’m like... do you know what a greyhound looks like?? They look like oversized rats
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Susannah
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 29 year old nurse. 2 year old dutch shepherd at home and iguana.

Post by Susannah »

How do u know its dutch, mal, gsd if not purebreed. Ive seen many looking like one but not be one.
Susannah
Puppy

Post by Susannah »

For exbl.
Attachments
Screenshot_20181120-123402.jpg
Screenshot_20181120-123402.jpg (750.89 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
Screenshot_20181120-123348.jpg
Screenshot_20181120-123348.jpg (738.3 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Oh wow haha. Guess it’s more common than I thought!
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas