Maybe A Dutch?

Have a photo you want to share?
jbrow314
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Im 21, and I believe I have a dutch shepherd around 10 months old...and he is a handful lol.

Maybe A Dutch?

Post by jbrow314 »

I have maybe a Dutch, Im not to sure but he sure does look like one, I adopted him from a rescue shelter, never saw his mother or father, they said he was 7 weeks, but after taking him home both me and the vet agreed he might be 5 - 6 weeks.

Well fast forward to now, he is around 10 months old, and he weighs 45 pounds (is that a normal weight for a Dutch at that age?)

Im putting old and new pictures up, the newer ones are the one in the yard with him on a pink lease (dont ask lol).

I tried to attach them but I didnt feel like resizing them all, so heres the link to the image shack album.
http://img21.imageshack.us/g/32702894.jpg/
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: Maybe A Dutch?

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Jbrow. Would you be kind enough to introduce yourself in the intro section elsewhere on this board?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Stay away from that link...I got a fake "you've got a virus" message in trying to navigate away from it...hate those...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Handsome guy. In that photo where he is looking away he sure looks like the right body/shape/etc...

With all the extra white (chest/feet) I think there is something else in the genetic pool.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Its the white paws that give away that there is something else there. He is very handsome and has the DS looks.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
turgi11
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: i have a dutch shpherd

Post by turgi11 »

good looking dog. my puppy have the same white in her legs and i think they are DS mix with something.
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
jbrow314
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Im 21, and I believe I have a dutch shepherd around 10 months old...and he is a handful lol.

Post by jbrow314 »

Thanks for the information, Ill be sure to post in the intro section ASAP, what else could he be mixed with?

I thought some DS's could have white in their gene pool, I know to much white is frowned upon but of course I may be wrong, so any ideas? I know he has the (dont know what its called) but sort of the extra hair on his hind legs and such.
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

jbrow314 wrote:Thanks for the information, Ill be sure to post in the intro section ASAP, what else could he be mixed with?

I thought some DS's could have white in their gene pool, I know to much white is frowned upon but of course I may be wrong, so any ideas? I know he has the (dont know what its called) but sort of the extra hair on his hind legs and such.
Nice looking dog!
The extra butt-hair :dsshock: is called feathering. But many dog breeds have this :dswink"
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

The head looks a little heavier (referring to the stop) than a DS should, yet I have seen many that do resemble that. A few white toes happen, but white feet/socks don't. I suspect that your pup may have Akita in the mix, or bully breeds from boxers to pit bulls.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image