10 week old DS pup

Have a photo you want to share?
PoppyPup
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a married 26 year old electrical engineer. My wife and I have recently adopted a female Dutch Shepherd named Poppy.

10 week old DS pup

Post by PoppyPup »

So here is the Dutch Shepherd mix that my wife and I adopted last week. Her name is Poppy. She is 11 weeks old and approximately 12 pounds. When we got her, she was quite sick and very skinny (still is). She is the a very intelligent dog and very affectionate (except when she tries to herd our mini-pinscher :D ) She seems to be feeling a lot better this week, so hopefully she will start packing on the pounds soon.

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/Nadav ... b.jpg.html
http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/Nadav ... 1.jpg.html

Best Regards,
Brent
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: 10 week old DS pup

Post by centrop67 »

What a cutie pie.

Welcome. Please take a moment to introduce yourself over in the New Member Announcement area. Give us some info on how you came to adopting this gorgeous puppy and what your plans for the future of the dog are.

Thanks.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh I just died from cuteness !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
PoppyPup
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a married 26 year old electrical engineer. My wife and I have recently adopted a female Dutch Shepherd named Poppy.

Post by PoppyPup »

She's a doll. Very, very alert and very intelligent.
PoppyPup
Just Whelped

Post by PoppyPup »

Things are going well with the pup. She is nearly 6 months old now, roughly 40 pounds, and about 20 inches at the whithers. I think she might be kinda small for a DS, but she's adorable. In the past week or so, she developed a very intense ball drive and I feel like her herding instincts are even stronger now. It's funny to watch her herd our friends dogs. :) She is fairly obedient, but still has a strong stubborn streak and is incredibly destructive if we don't take her to the park. She is full of energy and loves to play. From what I can tell, she has nearly all of her adult teeth coming in. Here are a few updated pictures:

This is an older one from last month:

The picture doesn't do her justice. She is actually about three times the size of Teemo (dog on the left)

She LOVES playing fetch and running wild in the park:

I feel like she is getting bigger everyday and she eats a ton of food now. I do have a question for those of you that are more experienced than I (Which is probably most of you), what can I do to get her to stop biting my hands. She does this constantly. Whenever I try to pet her, she just kinda bites and chews my hand. Suggestions?
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Post by k9lexi »

The breeder suggested to me I always have a toy stick to pu in her mouth when we walked her and she wanted to chew on people that antediluvian to pet her.
PoppyPup
Just Whelped

Post by PoppyPup »

Thanks, I will try that out and see how it works. She is a sweet doggie, but im not sure how much more blood my hands can lose

:DScool:

Jk, she doesn't bite that hard.