Gunner - Fifteen Weeks Old

Have a photo you want to share?
aje_762
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello. We're new Dutch Shepherd owners (or does he own us)....? Did our homework for a year before bringing our awesome fella home!

Gunner - Fifteen Weeks Old

Post by aje_762 »

Hello All,

We got our crazy, hyper, smart, sometimes gentle, amazing boy "Gunner" on March 21st. It's been a fun ride so far and I can't wait to see what he'll grow into. He is our first Dutch and in fact our first dog as a family. I am struck by how smart he is. Can you believe he was housebroke in 3 days? Just three accidents since and one was our fault. We started obedience training a couple weeks ago and he is doing phenomenal (my timing needs work though). His socialization to people/dogs/places/things is going great and he wants to be everyone's buddy. Out of all that people that ask about him only 4 have known what he is (I've been keeping score)...

Here is our boy:
Attachments
IMG_3314.JPG EDIT.JPG
-Gunner and Family
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Gunner - Fifteen Weeks Old

Post by ICE »

very cute pup. :-)
Patty and Ice
aje_762
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello. We're new Dutch Shepherd owners (or does he own us)....? Did our homework for a year before bringing our awesome fella home!

Post by aje_762 »

Thanks ICE! Having trouble loading pics... Here are a couple recent ones.
Attachments
IMG_3510 copy.jpg
IMG_3401 copy.jpg
-Gunner and Family
aje_762
Just Whelped

Post by aje_762 »

Last couple:
Attachments
IMG_3533 copy.jpg
IMG_3396 copy.jpg
IMG_8822 copy.jpg
-Gunner and Family
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Post by ICE »

:-) Love the huge baby ears.....
Patty and Ice
Jlobes
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Previously had a DutchXMal and knew at that moment, they were the best dogs ever. Unfortunately, I lost her in an accident as a pup @9mo., but I was sold on the dutchies. I cant imagine having another breed, they are the total package dogs.

Got my boy FURY from Vrijheid. He was born 4/23/16 and i picked him up 6/29. Working on basics(OB, manners, etc), some NW and figuring out what we want to focus on for the future work.

Post by Jlobes »

fun times with a dutch puppy! enjoy it.
definitely a very smart breed, overall. nice looking pup, whered ya get him>
aje_762
Just Whelped

Post by aje_762 »

Jlobes-
Thank you, he's a blast and keeps us on our toes... We got him from Alpha K9 Kennels in South Carolina. A great guy named Bobby Fuller runs it. We've been very happy with his customer service. He is very knowledgeable and is always available even after the sale.
-Gunner and Family
Jlobes
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Previously had a DutchXMal and knew at that moment, they were the best dogs ever. Unfortunately, I lost her in an accident as a pup @9mo., but I was sold on the dutchies. I cant imagine having another breed, they are the total package dogs.

Got my boy FURY from Vrijheid. He was born 4/23/16 and i picked him up 6/29. Working on basics(OB, manners, etc), some NW and figuring out what we want to focus on for the future work.

Post by Jlobes »

^great to hear! im looking for a dutch pup at the moment, trying to narrow down the prospective kennels/pedigrees. Have a few on the short list right now, maybe Ill look into Alpha as well.....
love dogs
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have a dutch shepard and live in NYC area

Post by love dogs »

Have you seen any agression--I got a dog from the same breeder and over the top dog on dog agression. He is very smart and athletic--but very agression. He has seen behavorlists, trainers, Fiesty Fido and now at away specialized training for 4 months. People have actually suggested we put him down--I will not. He is great with people but started showing agression at 13 weeks...just curious if you were having similiar experience
aje_762
Just Whelped

Post by aje_762 »

Love Dogs,

My apologies, I'm not on this site very much. I am sorry to hear that. I have not seen any of dog aggression from my guy. He wants to be friends with everyone he meets (both people and dogs), and aside from his puppy over-excitement he's totally normal. He's going to be six months old in a couple weeks and we are around dogs virtually every day. In fact, his best buddies are an Aussie and a GSP.

Did your boy have bad experience when he was younger and he now goes into aggressive behavior as a defense?

I'm so glad you refuse to give up on him. I hope you get everything sorted out and have a happy life together.
-Gunner and Family