Endeavor

Have a photo you want to share?
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Endeavor

Post by TimL_168 »

Selfie! :DScool: :DScool:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

:mrgreen:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Best picture ever!!!!
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:20 am Sadie also knows no such thing as personal space. She walks on me and gives me kisses but does not realize there is 4" of nose in front of here eyes so always pokes me in the face
That’s funny!!!
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Joxgirl wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 pm Best picture ever!!!!
I didn't even take it. A friend of mine was checking in on her while we were going overnight. She sent me like ten pictures.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Hire her as Ens personal photographer
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

I tried getting a new friend for En to hang out with, but it didn't work out.Image
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

:DSlove: :wtg:
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Went for a rainy walk today up at the river. Everyone had a blast. En went full bore swimming and retrieving with no trouble at all.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Imgur won't let me upload more here... :|
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

ImageImageImage
Merry Christmas everyone!
Don't eat the hat :dsangry: :dswink"
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Home today with a sore back. Went through as much as I could. She's the greatest ;)
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Endeavor has formed an opinion on kayakers and other manned recreational watercraft.

She doesn't like them.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

What kind of harness is that?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
sysyphus
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Foxy

Post by sysyphus »

Looks like fun.
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

We were hiking and doing some tracking in Gunpowder Falls state park about half an hour north of Baltimore.
I had let her run and play in the water maybe ten minutes previous to the floaters coming by 😜. She's always on leash when others are around, pretty much no matter what. Her reaction was dripping with malice. I have no doubt she wished them ill and would have been extremely happy to cause mayhem. I happened to already have my phone out to take a pic of my kid, so I snapped her doing how she do: standing up as high as possible and acting like an ornery kangaroo.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

The harness is Ray Allen's tracking harness. It's ok. Endeavor still manages to choke herself out in it though, because she gets so low and we track "through drive", meaning we run. She's pulling- sometimes full force- and the breast plate rides up into her throat. I'm thinking about switching to a different harness, probably nylon. Also, I've switched to the Kong Frog connector on my leashes, and it's less than smooth running on the small D ring attachment point on the harness. I was using a small carabineer in between the two for a while there, but there's just so much damn metal clanking around... It's a good product, if you are knowledgeable in maintenance of leather goods and if your dog isn't trying to move a continent with it's neck.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I hadn't thought of how a harness would pull when Bramble searches. I know she will have to learn not to "loose leash" when she goes to search.

Well, it's a pretty harness at least :).
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs